Friday, July 22, 2011

Welcome Guest Blogger Jessica E. Subject!

Why I write Science Fiction Romance

I didn’t intend to write Science Fiction Romance four years ago, or even a novel for that matter. When I sat down to write, it was my intention to create a short superhero story for my daughter. Well, that short story became an 80K+ science fiction romance novel and I was addicted.

Science Fiction Romance gives my muse much more freedom in writing. I enjoy the romance part because, I myself want to read happily-ever-afters, no matter what struggles the characters have to go through to get there. The science fiction aspect comes from my active imagination, wondering what our future will be like and whether I’ll be alive on the day we make contact with beings from other planets. My love for sci-fi is also reflected in the books I read and movies I watch.

I’ve tried writing contemporary romance, but I always need to add some sort of sci-fi twist to keep my heart in the story, even if it’s just a sci-fi obsessed secondary character. So, that’s why I write in the genre and sub-genre I do.

What genres and sub-genres do you read/write and what keeps you going back for more?

Thank you Carrie for allowing me to visit your wonderful site! I appreciate all of your support.

Celestial Seduction Blurb:
At the end of his obligated commitment to the Space Service, Frey Berger decides to stay on Earth to further experience human emotions rather than return to Ginnun where his intended has already mated with another. Looking for real love and someone to accept him for what he is, Frey enlists in Madame Evangeline’s popular dating service. Although he does not understand the concept of a one-night stand, he hopes to find his perfect mate.

Carrie Cooper’s husband divorced her for someone who could provide him with children, leaving her with little self-confidence and no desire to let a man hurt her again. Her best friend convinces her to join a dating service, claiming Carrie needs to get laid, while not winding up with a broken heart since her date requires no commitment after the night is over.

Although several misunderstandings nearly derail them before the date has even begun, Carrie and Frey end up becoming closer than they ever believed possible. Still, Frey will need to convince Carrie that her perfect mate isn’t human at all, and that one night can lead to a forever love.

Now Available From:
§  Decadent Publishing (in multiple ebook formats)
§  And many other ebook publishers

Bio: Jessica Subject went from fearing the possibility of aliens to reading and writing about them. Combining her love of both science fiction and romance, she creates happily-ever-afters for the entire universe. She lives in Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband, two children and their seven year-old rabbit.

You can find Jessica Subject here:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica and Carrie - thanks for posting a great interview and blurb. You are both new to me and I found you on FB so thought I'd pop in! Good luck and best wishes in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tonya! Jessica and I blog often on each or our blogs so stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great reason to write your genre! I love how you came to write it Jessica, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me today Carrie, and thank you to Tonya and Heather for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guest post. Thank you so much Jessica. I am so with you, I can't do contemporary. It isn't bad or anything, I just need to have a little supernatural in my books. We see normal everyday, I read books to get out of normal LOL! I am with you, I have an active imagination as well and I think it has a lot to do with it. It definitely helped anyway LOL! Great post again guys, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Diana! That's exactly why I read books too, but some contemp are able to take me out of the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both contemp and paranormal - including SFR. I think it just depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to see what is going on in a world just like mine - but across the street. Other times I need to believe there is something else out there that can be my escape.

    Thats why I love reading romance - you get the happy ending and the helpful hand you need with your imagination!

    ReplyDelete