Sunday, August 28, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - #8


From my WIP A Taste for a Mate, book 1 of the Red Wood Pack Series.

Later that evening Willow clung to Jasper’s hand while leading her to the Pack circle, her heart beating loudly in her ears. The Alpha was going to introduce her to the Pack and discuss her kidnapping and its ramifications with the Central Pack. The circle was located in a valley filled with tall trees and grass, nestled between two rock faces. Raised edges formed stadium seating in the rock that were worn smooth over time they actually seemed comfortable. In the center lay a flat grassy plane surrounded by mud and dirt, reminding Willow of an archaic football field. Though she possessed no magic, she could still feel the pulse of Pack energy coming from the circle and the weight of boundless magic and decisions over centuries must have taken place there.

Thank you for coming again or for the first time today! Your comments and support over the last few weeks have been awe inspiring and have led me to write more. Thank you.  Any comments you have for me today will always be welcome as I value each and every one of you.

Please try to make it to all of the lovely ladies and gents who are participating this week by clicking the logo.



30 comments:

  1. It's been so nice getting to know you and I look forward to reading your books! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful six, gorgeous Lady. Keep powering away xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Carrie,Very atmospheric, l'd be terrified if l was her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can "see" the place and "feel" her anxiety. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tickled by the idea of stadium seating in the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely got a feeling of magic from the circle. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weight of centuries...heavy (pardon the pun) scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, it definately sounds like a magical place. I like the picture you included - very beautiful, helps me to see what your heroine is seeing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent six, and excellent descriptions. I saw the place in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good imagery. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome visual! Great six! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can almost hear the woods - twigs, branches, leaves - snapping, crunching around me as I read this. Nice 6 !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely sets the mood for the coming meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very evocative imagery, doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great six. It is such a imagery filled few sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh, nice! Love imagery like that...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great description and very easy to see in my mind's eye. This made me think of Yosemite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...weight of boundless magic... I like that line. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great SSS...Isounds like this will be a great book

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought your writing really set the scene & described it well. I enjoyed the last sentence the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This drew me right in, and I wanted to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great six! I don't know why, but I love that she can feel the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I understand why she's so intimidated! Nice visual.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great description, very vivid. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete