Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Whatnots & Doodads - Interview, Review and a CONTEST!


I am so happy to have Stacey Kennedy on the blog today for the Romancing you Dark Side Book Tour. I have read everything she has ever written so I am a total fan and really honored to actually have her here! :-) Okay I need to put on my professional hat and stop being a Magical Sword dweeb! 


Stacey - What made you decide to join the Strange Hollow crew?
When I read my first Strange Hollow book, I fell in love with the world. What drew me in completely was how emotional I could make the story. I loved the idea of having a woman who is completely flawed in the eyes of everyone, but in Strange Hollow, she’s accepted. This is still—and will always be—one of my most favorite stories. I had an absolute blast writing this and the heroine, Bryanna is such a memorable character for me.

Zeke – What makes you so different from your everyday demon?
I don’t steal souls. In fact, I crave to save them…especially the soul of a stunning witch who turns my world upside down.

Bryanna – Why did you feel the need to escape to Strange Hollow?
It was actually by accident I found my way into Strange Hollow. I guess you could say fate stepped in to bring me to the place I belonged. But I’m glad I stumbled across it. I’ve always been a little different, my magic is so unruly, but in Strange Hollow I feel more normal than I ever have.

Zeke – Can you tell me what you felt when you met Bryanna?
The witch and her corsets left me…let’s just leave at it, I burned with hells fire over her and knew she’d be mine.

Bryanna – Can you tell me what you felt when you met Zeke?
My world stopped. Of course, now I know different, but I’ve always been taught that demons are spawns from hell. I wanted nothing to do with him. But then…well, have you seen him?

Yes…I had to rethink my apprehension.

Zeke and Bryanna – Do you know what is next for the two of you?
Bryanna – As long as we have each other…
Zeke – We don’t need anything else.

Stacey – Who is your favorite romance author?
Katie MacAlister tops the list for sure. But I have so many favorites--Jeaniene Frost, Keri Arthur, Shannon K. Butcher, Cheyenne Mccray…this list could go on and on.

Stacey – What is your favorite romance book or series?
Katie MacAlister’s dragon series is one of my favorites. I love the humor in her books, plus the sexy men and action. The heroines are so snarky and they stop their Alpha men in their tracks. It’s amusing!!

Stacey – Who is your favorite romance character? If you could take that character on a date what would you do?(Details are appreciated)
Bones from the Nighthuntress series. Or maybe Madoc from The Sentinel Wars series. I have serious crushes on both men. A date would include a short conversation, because frankly, I would want to hear them talk. After that, I’d lock myself into a bedroom with either men….or maybe both…and would not leave. EVER!

Stacey – If you could rate the hotness of the book what would it be?
Keep a cold glass of water handy…or make sure your husband/boyfriend is nearby! Definitely bed time reading!

Stacey – Are you planning on going back to Strange Hollow? What’s next for you otherwise?
I’d love to write another Strange Hollow book. I simply LOVED this world. Sadly, I’ve got too much on my plate right now. All of The Magical Sword books have been sold to Entangled and are being lengthened, and then re-released as Magic & Mayhem series. The first, Werewolves Be Damned will come out in April 2012. I’ve been very busy editing and adding more depth to the stories. So that has taken up most of my time.

But in between all edits, I’m writing a new urban fantasy romance called, Bite Me, I’m Yours.  I had intended it to be around 50,000 words, but I have grown madly in love with it. Always a good sign. So, I’m working on it right now to push it past 90,000 words and will be submitting it to my agent once I’m finished. The heroine, Kyra is full of sass and her humor is so fun to write. Plus the sexy vampire, Darius…makes things interesting.

Other than those, Supernaturally Kissed edits are reaching the end and soon Tess & Kipp’s story will be out in the world again. It’s been changed some and I’ve added a couple new chapters. I’m really thrilled with the changes and can’t wait for everyone to revisit them again!




A witch with unruly magic, a demon gone good, lava-hot passion and a tornado of emotions–just another night in Strange Hollow.
For Bryanna, a witch from the Asheville Coven, magic is on the fritz. Shunned by her coven and her boyfriend Layton for her unruly magic, she seeks a new life for herself. It just so happens, fate steps in and brings her to Strange Hollow–a place where being different is not only acceptable, but encouraged.
When Bryanna arrives in Strange Hollow, Zeke, a demon gone good, is burning with Hell’s fire over her. Not only has she set his world ablaze, but he’s found one soul he can save. He’s determined to free her from the insecurities that have damaged her soul.
Together they experience lava-hot passion as they weave their way through a tornado of emotions. But when Layton returns for her, will Zeke’s attempts to break the unworthy cage woven around her be enough to keep her in Strange Hollow forever?
Whatnots & Doodads buy link - http://www.staceykennedy.com/whatnots-doodads/




Stacey Kennedy’s novels are lighthearted fantasy with heart squeezing, thigh-clenching romance, and even give a good chuckle every now and again. But within the stories you’ll find fast paced action, life threatening moments and a big bad villain that needs to be destroyed. Her urban fantasy/paranormal and erotic romance series have hit Amazon Kindle and All Romance Ebooks Bestseller lists. If she isn’t plugging away at her next novel, tending to her two little ones, she’s got her nose deep in a good book. She lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband. Be sure to drop her a line at www.staceykennedy.com, she loves to hear from her readers.

My Review and Opinion

I will be honest and say I am HUGE Strange Hollow fan! I have loved every book in the series and Whatnots & Doodads is no exception. I really enjoyed this story. I am a huge fan of the Strange Hollow world and those who agree with me should totally indulge in this piece. Bryanna was a lovely character who as a witch was shunned and needed a haven. Strange Hollow in all of its quirkiness was the perfect place. Zane was a sexy Alpha hero who was a demon bent against stealing souls. The two of them were combustible and I enjoyed their romance.
With Stacey's descriptions and amazing writing I fell in love again with Strange Hollow. I wanted to strangle Layton and that was exactly what I should have felt.
Stacey Kennedy's Whatnots & Doodads was perfect addition to Strange Hollow. I wanted to be a witch to Zane's demon.  
This was the first book I had read from Stacey and because of this I quickly grabbed up all of her writing. Stacey is easily one of my favorite TOP 10 authors.
I highly recommend this sexy short read. Whatnots and Doodads is the reason I looked into Stacey Kennedy as an author when the book initially released and I am so happy I did. Stacey Kennedy has easily become one of my top ten authors of all time and is always on automatic buy list. I want to thank the Strange Hollow team for introducing me to Stacey’s work – y’all ROCK!
For those of you looking for a quirky world with hot paranormal romance look into Strange Hollow and especially Whatnots and Doodads. 



19 comments:

  1. Yeah! Stopped to read SSS post and found this too! Now for question: how do you keep focused on getting word counts completed? I try to focus on weekly counts, but with multiple wips, I lose count! Lol my email is on my google Acct! Hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you find the toughest part about writing?

    Thanks for the interview and giveaway!
    mljfoland AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carrie for interviewing me! It's great to be here!!

    Kathleen - I really try to avoid setting a word count limit for the day and focus more on scenes. I always try and write one scene a day. Sometimes that ends up being 1K and other times, 3K or more. I find for me focusing on one scene allows me spend more time on it and in the end makes it more polished. And I only write the scene I WANT to write. That way I'm eager and the words come out easily. If not, I stare at the computer screen, not able to write a single word.

    ML-Revisions! I LOATHE THEM! I don't mind edits so much when it's just cleaning up the story, but I seriously despise to rewrite scenes or entire chapters. It's a long process of re-reading one scene twenty times to make sure it's right. Like I said, I grumble the entire time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey, great interview and giveaway, i love your books.
    What is your favorite paranormal series ?
    reginamayross@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacey!!

    I am just getting into your books and I have become a fan of yours on FB. I love the whole paranormal/romance thing. I read "Til We Meet Again". Which of your books is your favorite and do you have a favorite character you write?

    Thanks Stacey!!

    Leslie Whitaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the character interview! Makes me want to read the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview. I agree Stacey, I love bones also. I think my conversation would very short also, he would be awesome to have even once. Not sure if once would be enough. I am also a huge fan of Jeaniene and Shannon's Sentinel series.
    My question is if you could write any other genre what would you write? I would love to see you write a historical. I love your books and would love to win and read this book. Thanks for the giveaway and the chance to win.
    christinebails@yahoo.com
    GFC & blog follower: Chris Bails. Having blogger issues, so had to post anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regina - My favorite series is Katie MacAlister's Dragon series. I LOVE those books. But honestly...I could list of way too many books that I consider my all time favorites. There is just so many great series out there!

    Leslie - I really love all my Otherworld characters, Nexi and Kyden, Briggs and Rynn...they are just SO FUN to write. But I also really love Tess & Kipp. So, it's an impossible answer for me. I pick them all! :)

    Thanks Jennifer!

    Christine - Historicals *gasps* I'll admit I really love them. Yummy Scots! Yes, please! But honestly, I couldn't write a historical if my life depended on it. The thought of having to do all that research gives me a headache. I'll leave that one to the very talented Historical Authors! Right now, there isn't any other genres I'm interested in. I love urban fantasy/paranormal and erotic romance--so I'm kinda right where I belong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the interview. Personality makes it so much better :-) My question: How far ahead to you "plot" out the book before you start writing?
    -Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
    thedoyle6@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn - I work backwards. I actually don't plot until the story is finished. I usually draft up an outline of a story. Key point plots. But it's very simple. Then, I write the story totally panster style. Sometimes I know what's going to happen with a few chapters, sometimes I don't. It's all by the seat of my pants. But once the story is done, I outline the story so I can see how it looks all out in front of me. Then, I know if I'm missing any plot points, or if the character motivations are missing, or if something needs to be added. My muse likes to be let free when she arrives and I don't hold her back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview ;) My question for you is- do you have any go to food or goodies you have to have with you when you write?
    Dawn
    Drmgrlatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool interview ladies! My question is do you like to listen to music when writing and if so what type?

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y'all's questions are amazing! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    And Stacy - I am so happy that you are here with us. I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning that one of my fav Ebook authors is actually here!

    And I am done being fangirl now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dawn - I need coffee! That's it! I cannot write a single word without it!

    Eva - Nope, I'm not an author that works with music. I'm at my best when I have complete silence.

    Aw, Carrie, you are just too darn sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post! Can't wait to mark this book as a to-read. edysicecreamlover18@gmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview! Definitely want to read the book!
    How do you overcome writer's block, or is this ever a problem for you?

    iarvd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Krystal.

    Amanda - I'm lucky that this doesn't happen to me often. But when I hit a road block, I usually will put the story aside and work on another. Vent my frustrations out to a friend, or wait a couple days to continue. Usually after a good break away, the situation will resolve itself and I can move on. If that doesn't work, I'll write another scene in the book. As long as you keep writing something, that's all that matters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ilove character interviews! They give the book more life! My question is this...Was it difficult for you to write sex scenes?
    viajeradelmar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nikki--Nope, the sex scenes are the easiest for me to write! Especially with the sexy-as-sin demon, Zeke! ;-)

    ReplyDelete