Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An Interview with Vanessa Deverau and a Contest


Hello Everyone!

Let me introduce Vanessa Deveraux to the blog!


Tell me about Then Came You.
It’s my first book featuring a cowboy. His name is Connor O’Riordan and he’s been infatuated with Gillian Matthews since he first met her. He’s a rancher in Wyoming and she’s a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company whose products Connor uses for his livestock and horses. The bad news for Connor is when they first met Gillian was in relationship but being the positive thinker that he is, he made her promise if she and her boyfriend ever broke up she’d tell him. When the book opens, Gillian lets him know that she’s now single which sets Connor into a panic knowing he’s got to make his move on her before another guy  does. He’s an old fashioned cowboy and wants to romance and woo her and suggests she spend Thanksgiving at his ranch. Things get off to rough start because Gillian thinks they’ll be sharing a bed but Connor wants to do the romancing first and shows her to the guest room. Gillian wonders if she jumped the gun and he just wants to be friends. Connor on the other hand thinks he’s offended her and when he finds her in the middle of the night in looking for something to drink in the kitchen…while she’s wearing a see through nightie, he realizes he can’t fight off his physical attraction to her any longer and things heat up from there. By the time she heads home to Chicago, the two are head over heels in love.

How emotional is this book? Will I need a tissue?
Without giving a crafty mention to my last release, One Night With You which I’ve been told readers had a good cry while reading…it’s not an emotional read like that one but, Then Came You has a few scenes where you might have a sniffle or two. Connor did suffer through a previous heartache that Gillian finds out about half way through the story and yes, it’s an emotional one. Also, when Gillian says goodbye to Connor at Casper airport after Thanksgiving…I have to say I got choked up writing it because by then these two were madly in love and I actually felt bad about separating them!

How would you rate the hotness of this book?
To start with Connor is hot, who doesn’t love a sexy cowboy so I don’t think many women would say no to him. On a scale of one to five cowboy hats with five being smokin’ hot, it’s a five cowboy hat story.

Who are your favorite romance authors? Why?
 I really enjoy all of Susan Wiggs’ books because she creates wonderful characters and I love the settings too. For romantic suspense I enjoy Brenda Novak, for sexy tales, Lori Foster…her books are funny too.

What are your favorite romance series/books? Why?
Having just mentioned Brenda Novak, I really enjoyed her trilogy set in Stillwater, Mississippi Dead Silence, Dead Wrong and Dead Giveaway. I really enjoyed the focus on each character, how they changed and grew and the underlying mystery kept me turning the pages.

If you could go on a date with your favorite character, who would it be and what would you do? Details please! *wink* 
I’m not trying to give an extra boost to Then Came You but it has to be Connor. He is sexy, rugged and a real gentleman who likes to woo a lady so he’d be my top pick. And as I probably need to keep this a PG-13 rating, I’ll just say that I’d want to spend the night at his ranch house and ask him to do everything he did to Gillian. Yeah that would put a big smile on my face.

Connor – What was your first impression of Gillian?
The most beautiful woman in the world.

Connor – What is your favorite part about her?
Hey, this cowboy is indecisive; no way can I narrow it down on a woman like Gillian but okay if I had to it’s her mouth which was made for kissing this cowboy.

Gillian – What was your first impression of Connor?
What a sweet guy, a true gentleman which is hard to find these days…cute too.

Gillian – What is your favorite part about him?
Am I allowed to say? No just kidding. I’d have to say his eyes. They’re beautiful and I believe you can see his soul in them. He’s a good man and I’m a lucky girl to have this cowboy so crazy in love with me.

Vanessa – What is next for you?
I have another story being released in December also with Total E-Bound. It’s called Forbidden and is my first older woman/younger man story. This one is set on the Spanish Island of Mallorca and also Maine, USA. As of writing I have two more stories under consideration, another one featuring a sexy cowboy , this one set in Montana. The other one, I wanted to write something not only sexy but funny too. It’s about a couple who meet under strange circumstances thinking they’re both someone else. I’m working on a couple more projects and next year I want to write an erotic romantic suspense.

Author Bio-
Bestselling author Vanessa Devereaux was born in London, England but now resides in the US. She writes erotic romances and erotica. A freelance writer during the day, her work has appeared in both US and UK magazines. When she’s not writing, she can be found pursuing some of her hobbies which include cooking, gardening, photography and biking. Prior to a writing career she worked in PR and was a book publicist for three years. Then Came You is Vanessa’s first title published with Total-E-Bound. Her other titles include, Mistaken Identity, The Man Next Door, Who’s The Boss and her Regency Trilogy, Brazen Ladies including What the Lady Wants, Caught in the Act and Double Her Pleasure, and the contemporary erotic romance, One Night With You. Her next release will be Forbidden which will be released in 2012 with Total E Bound.
Links- http://www.vanessadevereaux.com  and http://www.twitter.com/vandevereaux
Blurb-

Connor O’Riordan had his heart set on Gillian Matthews the first day she stepped onto his ranch but the only problem was she had a boyfriend. He’d made her promise that if the two of them ever broke up she’d tell him. Gillian is a woman of her word and when Connor finds out she’s now available he’ll do anything to woo and 
romance the lady of his dreams. The best way to start…invite her to spend Thanksgiving at his ranch.

Thank you so much Vanessa for stopping by and good luck with your release! Please leave a comment or question for Vannessa! 

16 comments:

  1. Hello Vanessa,

    Did your story require any special research?

    Natasha

    n.blackthorne at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview ladies! My question to you is how do you go about choosing your characters name? Thanks for the giveaway ;)

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natasha,
    The only research I did was on Wyoming. I've been there a couple of times so I had some idea about it but checked Web sites and looked through some travel guides to pick an exact location for the story, what towns would be close by the ranch in this story, what closet airport, what airlines flew from Chicago to Casper, etc. Thanks for dropping by, all the best, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eva,
    Sometimes picking a name is tougher than others. Oftentimes they jump out, other times, I have to sit and have a good think. Connor's name was easy, so was Gillian, the two seemed to be a perfect match for one another. Thanks for dropping by, all the best, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Vanessa for being here today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie, thanks for having me, all the best-V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book sounds great! I love a hot cowboy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your characters sound fantastic! Any idea where a guy like Connor may be found?!

    How do your main topics for your books present themselves (random idea, place you have been, a person you have seen, etc.)?

    I wish you great success!

    Loraine H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your characters sound fantastic! Any idea where a guy like Connor may be found?!

    How do your main topics for your books present themselves (random idea, place you have been, a person you have seen, etc.)?

    I wish you great success!

    Loraine H
    l_k_hunziker (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the interview! Congrats on your release. Did you always want to be a writer or did you find that after working in PR and as a book publisher the idea came to you?

    mljfoland AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lorraine,
    Not sure where you can find a guy like Connor...maybe these types of guys really are all in Wyoming!

    Ideas for my books... sometimes they've been in my head for a while, other times I'll read a news story, or hear something that makes me think there's a story here. Thanks for dropping by, all the best, V

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather, thanks for stopping by, all the best V

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ML,
    No, wanting to be a writer wasn't something I grew up wanting to do. However, I chose to work in PR and for a publisher because by that time I did love writing so much that I thought why not make a living from it. Thanks for dropping by, all the best V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interview, I enjoyed reading it! Vanessa would be a new-to-me author so it was great getting to know her and her books a bit more.

    chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the release.

    Now that you've done your first cowboy book, do you think you'll revisit this genre?

    drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kathryn, I have another cowboy story that's making the rounds with publishers. I'd love to write more featuring these sexy men, thanks for stopping by, all the best, Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete