Friday, October 14, 2011

Jamie Magee on Insight



I was lucky enough to stumble across the Romancing Your Dark Side Blog Tour and now I get to meet Jamie Magee!




What made you decide to write the Insight series?
I love the quote “If there is a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it” by Toni Morrison. I’ve read and watched beautiful love stories my entire life, and each time I would imagine how I would have changed it – what would have taken me further into the story. The craving for the story I wanted to read became so strong that my imagination took over, and the words of Insight began to flow."If there is a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it" Toni Morrison"If there is a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it" Toni Morrison
What makes your work different from others out there?
The amount of literary talent that is published today is beyond comprehension, and every creative artist strives to find their own voice and stand out from the crowd. Anytime I find an artist that admire whether it is within the literary field or music I find myself wanting to know how they became the person they are.  Almost every artist I explore I find to be very humble, simply because they created something that held their interest and they’re amazed it held others as well. In effect they followed another quote I love “This above all: to thine own self be true.” By William Shakespeare. Within the Insight series I incorporated the things I love: soul-mates, the Zodiac, past lives, alternate dimensions, a divine talent (insight) that lays within and of course the classic battle between good and evil. I know that most of these elements have been utilized in several novels, but I have not come across one that weaves them together in one series. I humbly hope that what has entertained me will do the same for others.
Willow – what was your first impression of Landen?
Landen has been in my dreams every night of my life. Each night I would eagerly close my eyes and search for him in ‘our place’. As children he was best friend and we became young adults the undeniable passion and love I had for him grew – so much that I was at war with my mind. Sometimes I would tell myself he wasn’t real…that I needed to wake up and live my life or I would always be alone. That thought never lasted long because I knew deep in my soul that he had be real – that if he didn’t exist I would not. The first time I saw him in the flesh a flooding sensation of every emotion came over me. I could not comprehend how I managed to dream him into life. The touch of his lips, hearing is voice for the first time – feeling life course through his strong, tall lean body was almost more than I could handle as I stared into the most captivating crystal blue eyes that have ever existed. If it were possible I fell deeper in love with him and the emotion I felt emanating from him confirmed that he felt the same sea of emotions.
Willow – what was your first impression of Drake?
The moment Drake arrived in my town he mesmerized my friends with is alluring looks. I half-heartily listened to them gawk over him simply because I knew no matter how gorgeous he was he could not compare to the boy in my dreams.
That day at lake when he pulled up in his jeep I was paralyzed with odd, confused emotions. I couldn’t feel him – there was no emotion around him – he was the first void I had ever come across in my waking hours. When he stepped out of his jeep and his dark captivating eyes meet mine he took my breath away. It was as if he could see into my soul – yet I was blind to who he was. Every part of him was perfectly put together, his board shoulders seemed to reflect a confidence, almost a authority, if fact every part of his strong lean body seemed to reflect that confidence. When he spoke to me the first time I hide behind a shield of sarcasm, but when his skin grazed mine and felt a warm humming sensation course through me I began to question my dreams – not the perfect ones with my blue eyed boy, but the nightmares with dark stranger that met me each night of a new moon. I told myself I was a fool – he wasn’t a bad guy – he couldn’t be…he just looked to perfect.
Drake – what was your first impression of Willow?
The first time my eyes met Willow’s enchanting emerald green eyes was long before this life, and that is another story that is yet to be told. In this life when I saw her for the first time relief absorbed me – she was safe and within my reach. It took everything I had to hold myself back – to not wrap my arms around her and run – run away to another world, one where no one could come between us….but I know my Willow, she’s stubborn and independent if I forced her to leave with me she would never forgive me. I knew I had wait for memories of me to surface and if that moment didn’t come then I would simply have to make her fall in love with me once again.
Landen – what was your first impression of Willow?
I not only dreamed of Willow every night but I spoke of her every day. As I helped others travel through the passage of the string to find their soul mates my heart ached for the moment my time would come. My world’s foundation rest in the emotion of love – the one emotion that gives the human body a power that cannot be overcome. I never doubted that I would find her, but I never imagined that when we found each other that we would discover that our families – the people we trusted the most had been keeping us apart. For the first time in my life I set aside the respect and honor I had for my father and broke free from his rules and guidelines and sought to find Willow. She was crying, terrified and confused. My relief for seeing her did not allow me ask why - I had to kiss her, hold her tight and tell her the most powerful words I knew ‘I love you’. That moment should have been the end of a long quest, but instead it was the beginning of one – we were about step into a realm of life that neither of us could have ever imagined.
For the three of you – what are you doing next?
*Each one looks at each other with questioning eyes wondering who will find a way to explain where they are on their path. Willow lets out a deep breath and begins to try and explain what lies ahead.*
The emotions I struggle with every second of my life are hard to express with simple words. I know there is past that I cannot recall – words that were said that I should remember…but I can’t. I can’t because I wasn’t meant to – those lives are over and we are living this one now. Regardless of the way I feel about both of them…the way they feel about me…we have bigger problems….there are millions upon millions of souls we must save from a darkness that is unforgiving and cold…they come before us. I won’t lie to you…. what is felt between the three of us is not only a distraction – but it very well could be the key to defeating this demon we are chasing……we don’t know what’s next…..we just know that we will endure….never stop fighting – even if this battle must continue in another life.
*Landen reaches his arms around Willow and pulls her close to him as she closes her eyes and hears his angelic voice in her thoughts that are telling her they will win this battle. Drake crossed his arms across his chest as his jaw locks complementing his perfect profile. His dark captivating eyes reflect the promises he has made to not only his world but Willow.*
Jamie – Who is your favorite romance author?
Francine Rivers….she blew my mind with
Redeeming Love – I felt every emotion a soul could have reading her work.
Jamie – What is your favorite romance book or series? Why?
I wish I could give you a favorite but there are too many – the books I read are like the music I listen to they reflect the emotions I am feeling at that moment. I am interested to know who your favorite is – who you followers have fallen in love with ( always looking for a book recommendation ‘hint – hint’).
Jamie – Who is your favorite romance character? If you could spend a day with that person – what would you do? Details please!
These questions are so hard! One - only one – not fair. I would want to go fight with Noah from the Notebook – because I know he could give me a run for my money. I would want to muse over music and books with Edward Cullen – build a life with Micheal Hosea from Redeeming Love. I could go on and on – I love characters almost as much as I love people they all fascinate me. Who would you chose?
Jamie – How do you rate the hotness of this series?
The Insight series is a young adult series – so the ‘hotness’ would simply be determined by your age (remember when a look was all you needed from your crush to make your day). On a scale of love stories I want to step out of my normal humble response and give myself a 10 – but like I said in my second answer to this interview this story was written to entertain me….having it entertain others is added bonus that blows my mind every day.

Jamie – What is next for you in the Insight series and in general?
I’d always planned to have ten books in the Insight series currently four are complete. During the time I was writing the fourth I discovered another story – a whole new series. Currently I have finished the first book in that new series and am working on the second. What I think is going to be really fun is when my two series collide in book five of Willow and Landen’s story. Beyond daydreaming and writing constantly I plan to reach out to as many readers as I possibly can – I love meeting people!

Insight:
Before that fateful summer night, Willow had balanced the insight of emotion, and the vivid images. That night, the figure in her nightmare marked her wrist with a star, giving her father no choice but to tell Willow a family secret that would abruptly change life, as she knew it, forever. Before Willow had time to absorb the shock of her father's secret, her soul mate that had shared every stunning dream with her, found her, and darkness captured her closest friends. In order to save them, she must weave through broken myths and the undeniable power of the Zodiac. In the end, Willow discovers that at the moment of our birth we are all given a divine gift.

Embody:
Not many Scorpio’s are known for their patience, and Willow Haywood is no different. Her only desire is to love Landen Chambers and redeem the lost souls of Esterious, but the path to that desire is long, dark and dangerous...
Before Willow’s life had a chance to balance the sudden revelations and grief she had to endure to get to Chara a disturbing discovery is made. A photo, one that shows Willow blissfully embracing the flawless image of Drake Blakeshire; giving her not only proof that she had lived before, but that she had loved him.
Running away from the memory of Drake’s hypnotizing touch, and the prophecy set before her seemed like the logical thing to do. That is, until a dark dream reignites her passion to save the hopeless dimension of Esterious. Willow struggles to find patience – to learn everything she needs to know before she faces Drake again, but her eagerness is dangerous and one step in the wrong direction takes everything and everyone away from her – the only way to survive this trial is for Willow to remember who she is and what she really wants out of this life. The question is….can she do that?

Bio:
Jamie Magee has always believed that each of us have a defining gift that sets us apart from the rest of the world, she has always envied those who have known from their first breath what their gift was. Not knowing hers, she began a career in the fast paced world of business. Raising a young family, and competing to rise higher in that field would drive some to the point of insanity, but she always found a moment of escape in a passing daydream. Her imagination would take her to places she'd never been, introduce her to people she's never known. Insight, her debuting novel, is a result of that powerful imagination. Today, she is grateful that not knowing what defined her, led her on a path of discovery that would always be a part of her.




11 comments:

  1. I sure love this tour! Jamie's books were awesome. I have a copy of her books already so if my name is drawn please give it to someone else. Gotta keep plugging for the kindle at the end LOL
    Thanks for the interview and the giveaway!
    -dawnmomoffour
    thedoyle6@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview !!!
    reginamayross@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I love the idea of soulmates and write it into my own stories. :)

    jessicasubject.writer[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this stop - it was really fun to have Willow, Landen, and Drake do some of the talking lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new header - hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Daryl. I wanted to go hot with it but not sleazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books look awesome!

    Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really interesting!

    email: azziegirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock Jamie!!! Great review!!
    viajeradelmar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books look like great reads!
    silverrose313 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound awesome, I would love to read them. Thanks for the giveaway!

    chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete