Monday, October 17, 2011

Rachel Leigh is Coming Back


Rachel Leigh is a new author to me and I'm happy to introduce you to her!


Tell me about Coming Back.

It is a ‘second chances’ story set in the small fictional town of Jessop Hill in South West England. Here’s the blurb:

Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean MacKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain. 
Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.
What made you choose to write about this?

It’s more a case of the characters choosing me to tell their story – as with most of my story ideas, Coming Back started with Kelly (the heroine) saying a single line of dialogue in my head. “From now on I’m going be celibate.” As soon as I heard that I rushed for a notebook and pen and scribbled down everything she told me. The how, why, when and where came very quickly – the next problem I had was finding out the ‘who’ – Who was her hero? The man she loved and lost?

Rate Coming Back in terms of steaminess.

Wooh!! Coming Back is hot enough to scald in places and tender enough to soothe in others. So as far as a steaminess rating goes, I’d give it ten flames of pure heat ;)

Who is your favorite romance Author?

Favorite romance author is Nora Roberts, favorite erotic romance author is varied – but a series of books I am devouring right now is The Wild Rose Press Cowboy Kink books. Highly recommended, ladies! J

Who is your favorite romance character? Why?

Ooh, tough question! I have fallen in love with so many romance heroes, it’s damn near impossible to name one. If you really force me, I would have to say Cameron Quinn from Nora Roberts’ Seaswept. That man still lingers in my mind even though I read the book years ago, lol!

If you could take that person out for a date, what would you do? Details Please!
Answer the door, drag him in the house and make our way upstairs…Done.

Kelly  – What was your first impression of Sean?

I have known Sean for a long time but my first impression was that he was kind but mysterious. He plays his cards very close to his chest but inside that chest beats a big old heart that makes me love the very essence of him.

Kelly  – What is your favorite part about him?

See above – I love Sean’s heart. He will do anything for anyone but he is nobody’s fool. I love that he is my man but if someone needs him, he will do whatever he can to help them. There are not enough people like that in the world.

Sean  – What was your first impression of Kelly?

Sexy, sexy, sexy – that’s it.

Sean  – What is your favorite part about her?

Her smile and the way she makes whoever’s talking to her feel like they are the most important person in the world to her in that moment. She never dismisses people and she’s a great listener. Whoever she turns those eyes and smile on, male or female, they instantly love her. But she’s all mine, I’m afraid, lol!

Rachel  – What is next for you? Is Coming Back part of a Series?

No, Coming Back is a stand-alone story, I’m afraid but you never know I might well visit Jessop Hill again in the future. Right now, I am working on a long-length novella which should come in around 40,000 words. It is about a British hero and heroine seeking happiness in the Greek island of Zante. 

Here is the working blurb:
Michelle Hutton leaves everything behind and flies from the UK to Greece in search of a new beginning. Her first encounter is with a sexy, pro-bono lawyer with a body that could adorn the cover of Playgirl. When they talk, he tells her his sister has a restaurant that desperately needs a new chef. Sam Clarke seems too good to be true. And Michelle doesn’t trust anyone else after being let down time and again by the people she loves. Including the mother she left behind. But damn, he’s hard to resist…
Sam Clarke is a busy man – a man on a mission to help women in jeopardy. So when a woman with hair like a sheet of gold and eyes bluer than the ocean walks into an airport bar needing help, what is he’s supposed to do? The electricity between them is hotter than a live wire and Sam soon learns Michelle is more than capable of demanding and getting what she wants. She doesn’t need him, he should walk away…yet time and again he goes back for more.
Rachel can be found here:

 Thank so you much Rachel for stopping by! And please leave a comment or question for Rachel to show your support! Thank you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming Rachel! It was so nice to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be here! Looking forward to hearing from some of your visitors and it's nice to meet you too!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview ladies and the book sounds amazing! Love the cover too :) It's always fun to get to know an author a bit better, makes the book that much more interesting as you read it. Glad to have another book to put on my list of must haves.

    ReplyDelete