Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Soul Mates in Real Life





One of my dearest author friends, Rebecca Royce, is back to visit! Love her. She's the reason I put pen to paper, so please everyone give her a hand! 



Rebecca is giving away  a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour -- Please follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better yourchances of winning. Click the logo to find the tour dates




Soul Mates In Real Life

When I first met my husband, who is the love of my life and the reason, I believe, for all of my dreams coming true, it felt like the universe had shifted when we fell in love. How did a girl from small town New Jersey end up marrying a gorgeous southern boy from exotic New Orleans?  We had a dream wedding. It was fantastic. 

These days, my soul mate and I still have a wonderful life.  We have 3 beautiful boys, great friends, family, and activities we adore doing together. I am so so so lucky.

But, soul mates in real life can go something like this:

My husband: Rebecca, are you going to pick up your clothes?
Me: Um
My husband: Really? Are you?
Me: Um. 

He is neater than I am.  In our books, we don’t write about the trials of sharing chores and responsibility. Really, who would want to read about two people arguing about laundry?

In Love Beyond Sanity, there isn’t time for the mundane. Not while they are fighting for their lives. I actually like to think that if the Outsiders complete their task, they will have time to worry about who needs to do the dishes. 

Rebecca rocks. Just saying. I've read this series, and LOVE it. 

As a teenager, Rebecca Royce would hide in her room to read her favorite romance novels when she was supposed to be doing her homework. She hopes, these days, that her parents think it was well worth it.

Rebecca is the mother of three adorable boys and is fortunate to be married to her best friend. They live in northern New Jersey and try not to freeze too badly during the winter months.

She's in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and tries to use all of these elements in her writing. She's been told she's a little bloodthirsty so she hopes that when you read her work you'll enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. Rebecca loves to write series because she loves to see characters develop over time and it always makes her happy to see her favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.

In Rebecca Royce's world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.

http://www.rebeccaroyce.com
http://www.rebeccaroyce.blogspot.com

BLURB:
Eighteen years earlier, Charma lost her destined soul mate. Convinced he must be dead, she kept her fears to herself so as not to destroy the morale of the Outsiders who already live with a shaky prophecy as their only guide.
Dr. Jason Randall is a man used to getting what he wants. There has never been a problem he couldn't out think or a situation he wasn't capable of handling.
Now they are both hunted by not one but two demons as they lead the slowly forming group of Outsiders out of the darkness and back into the light. The two strong souls will have to decide if prophecy alone is enough reason to stay together through insane odds...or if love is their true fate.

EXCERPT:
Jason shook his head. This wasn't going to be easy. Maybe her arrival was a good thing. Maybe she was another piece of the puzzle he needed to solve his dilemma. "Self-loathing, the woman I've invented to come here and cause me tremendous pain as a way to punish myself for killing a man who assaulted me in the parking lot." Jason gestured around the hillside. "This whole thing is one giant guilt trip."
Standing up, her eyebrows pressed inward, and she held a confused look in her eyes. They seemed to be searching for something but he wasn't clear on what.
Finally, she spoke. "Listen to me very carefully. So much of what you just said makes no sense to me and we have zero time to sort it out. I'm not sure how to convince you that what I'm about to tell you is the absolute truth but it is. This is not some grand illusion. Not really."
"That's just what a falsehood that didn't want to be proven wrong would say."


Rebecca is giving away  a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour -- Please follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better yourchances of winning. Click the logo to find the tour dates





17 comments:

  1. I don't need to read about laundry or housework & who is responsible for what. I read to escape all that. Great that you get that.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me today Carrie Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative article. Can't wait to get this book.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. And good thing you don't write about mundane. We all know we have enough of it already! :)

    Thanks a lot to you both, Rebecca and Carrie Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't need the reality to intrude on the fantasy world I find in the books I read! Laundry can wait another day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also lucky to have found my soulmate! He was my best friend for a while before it turned into something more. I can't imagine my life without him. Although he is my true soulmate, we still have to work on our marriage...whoever said marriage is easy is a liar! LOL!

    can't wait to read the book!

    books4me67 at ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read to forget about reality for awhile *L* Thats why I am thankful for all the great authors and their books.

    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! Reading is a form of escape. We don't need to read about housework. I know it's waiting for me when I finish reading and writing. And yes, Love Beyond Sanity does not leave time for any of that mundane stuff. A great read full of action!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so fantastic you met your soul mate. I can't wait to meet mine :-)

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had that exact discussion with my soul mate. I'm sure he'll ask me about my clothes again later, too! And yes, the mundane need not be stated as we all live with all the little chores. Reading is an escape from the mundane-the best mind trip there is.

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for the giveaway!

    mljfoland AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love reading about soul mates.........makes me still hopeful mine is still out there somewhere!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the your well written
    words. As I
    just love to read,
    this books sounds like a winner.
    Thanks, also for the visit to
    your unique and well designed site.
    cheers dayle b at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clothes? What clothes!? Real life doesn't exist...that is just a myth!!

    brbalways(AT)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like this one is going on my must read list. So many books...
    Happy writing!
    Loraine
    l_k_hunziker AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a great book. I'm gonna have to add it to my TBR list.

    silverrose313 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing love what I read have to add to my read list! Thank you for the great giveaway!
    tishajean@ charter.net

    ReplyDelete