Thursday, December 1, 2011

Of a Certain Age with Emily Cale


Hi All! I'm over at Emily Cale's today talking about my upcoming release An Alpha's Path! And Emily is here today! Yep we traded blogs! 
Of a Certain Age

Thanks so much to Carrie Ann for trading blogs with me today!

I'm of a certain age at the moment. Yeah, you all know what I'm talking about. That age when all your friends get married. As much as I love helping them all shop for dresses, vent about future in-laws, and pick out the bows that will go in the flower girls' hair, I eventually get worn out. Part of that could be that I am bad luck for weddings. Not necessarily for the bride and groom, but for the actual ceremony and reception. Don't believe me. Please see exhibit A for proof.
- I've been invited to four weddings that were canceled at the last minute. One was canceled the night before.
-Every outdoor wedding I've attended (in 3 different states) has been delayed or moved because of rain.
- Driving to a ceremony site (with all the bridesmaids and bride) I got not one, but two cars stuck in the mud.
- I managed to ruin one of my favorite dresses ever driving to out of town wedding (while doing nothing but sitting). The ceremony was in a small town and I couldn't fix it, so I spent the whole night with a hole through the fabric on my abdomen. (Yes, that was far more about me than the actual wedding.)
- A bug crawled on me during an outdoor. When I noticed and jumped a little, it caused two other bridesmaids to shriek during the ceremony while I got rid of the giant insect.

Okay, that's all I'm willing to share right now. Any crazy things happen at weddings you've been to/been in? Leave a comment and I'll choose one winner to receive a winter survival kit (includes homemade hot chocolate mix, candle, and other goodies).

Honeymoon Suite Blurb:
Laurie had practically given up on finding someone who was willing to save sex for marriage. Then she found Matt, an amazingly wonderful and sexy man who was willing to wait until after they said “I do.”  Now that the ceremony and reception have finally ended, she can’t wait to get him up to their hotel room, hang up the “Do Not Disturb” sign, and spend the night acting out all the dirty fantasies that have filled her head since their engagement.
Matt can’t think of anything he wants more than to please his new wife. She’s always been shy and private, but on their wedding night, she turns into an irresistible vixen. Nothing would make him happier than spending the entire night exploring every curve of her luscious body.
The two newlyweds are finally alone together and the whole evening lies ahead. Laces and buttons will come undone, and Matt and Laurie will find out if their wedding night will be everything that they’ve been waiting for.

Author bio:

Emily Cale spent the majority of her childhood as a visitor to the worlds of her favorite authors. With encouragement from her English teachers, she put pen to paper and began imagining her own stories. Preferring the fascinating lives of her characters, she majored in creative writing. When not lost in a manuscript or a good book, she enjoys crocheting, rock climbing, and playing board games. She currently lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with her husband and a very spoiled cat. You can find her on her blog (http://www.emilycale.blogspot.com) or procrastinating on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/EmilyCale)

7 comments:

  1. Oh Emily... At least you didn't get lost. That's something, right?

    Congrats on the new release!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, you know I did get lost. Multiple times at one wedding with the bride in my car. Really, it was her fault though. She should have known how to get to her own wedding, right?

    Thanks for having me here today, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I haven't been there, thank goodness. We kept our wedding very small (immediate family only) and I declined being involved in another wedding (they're not together any more).

    I couldn't imagine all of that fuss. So not me.

    Best of luck with your new release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jessica! My own wedding went reasonably well with little trouble, it seems to only be other people who have the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it seems the weddings I attended are pretty tame compared to you, Emily! LOL

    Well, at one reception, someone got drunk and fell down the stairs. And yes, she was wearing a dress....that's all I'll say about it!

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I don't think anyone has ever gotten hurt at the weddings I've attended. Falling down the stairs is pretty bad and sound both painful and embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, there are so many stories!
    -one year I screwed up the time of two different weddings, so I had to do the walk of shame walk into a wedding half over because I was late and then I overcompensated at the next wedding and showed up an hour early while they were setting up-both times I was absolutely convinced that the times were correct
    -one wedding I attended, the groom knocked over his candle while lighting the unity candle-so a loud thud ensued....luckily no fire.
    -I've been to one wedding where we got lost going to the rehearsal dinner because the groom thought we were staying at a different hotel so gave us the wrong directions (made it to that wedding on time but it was an outdoor wedding and it poured)
    -I've been to several weddings where cell phones have gone off loudly at the most inopportune time (sadly one was mine because I thought I'd had it on vibrate but no so lucky)
    -And at one, the great aunt of the bride passed out during the vows

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    mljfoland AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete