Saturday, January 14, 2012

Interview with Tonya Kinzer

Hi! Thanks so much for coming today. Tell us a little bit about yourself. 

Tonya:  I’m a woman who enjoys writing that opens new doors of reading entertainment to individuals and partners who read together. I’m a wife, mother, sister, friend….the sweetheart next door! *wink* I’ve been writing for years but only recently decided to self publish. I’m pretty techie and find the formatting and uploading easy once you figure out how each site works because all of them are different. It takes patience and the ability to read directions. I’m self taught in most of what I know how to do and do my own covers, book trailers, promo items and websites.

Tell us a bit about your book.

Tonya:  Their Submissive Switch goes deeper into the learning process of the BDSM lifestyle for Sondra and she learns enough to turn the tables on one of the Masters, surprising him with what she’s learned. They enjoy playing in Palm Springs and this story takes them back there.

Is this part of a series?

Tonya:  This is book four in The Boss’s Pet series and is the hottest of all the books so far. I didn’t mean it to be that way but the characters took off on me!

What did you find the hardest part of writing it to be?

Tonya:  I’m lucky that I have a very vivid imagination and don’t get stuck on writer’s block too often.

What was your favorite part?

Tonya:  I love adding scenes that I know the readers will enjoy and be tempted to take one of their hands off that keyboard or e-reader!

Rate your story in terms of steaminess

Tonya:  It would be an 8 if it went that high…some of the scenes are pretty intense. This isn’t your grandmother’s romance novel by any means and if a reader is new to BDSM, this could be a shocker for them. I don’t get into heavy bondage but more on the sexual intensity side of forbidden pleasures.

Who is your favorite romance author?

Tonya:  There are so many. In the erotic genre, that could easily be Cherise Sinclair and I used to read a lot of historical romances by Virginia Henley, Johanna Lindsey, Rosemary Rogers and Kathleen Woodiwiss.  Ooops, might have just aged myself there! *wink*

Who is your favorite romance character? If you could go on a date with that person, what would you do? Details please! *wink*

Tonya:  That could easily be one of the heroes from Johanna Lindsey’s historical novels/series. Her men are so strong! I’d love to be held in that embrace and let him break me….mmmm….sorry! *wicked laugh*  Take me aboard that ship, Sir, and let’s rock with the waves….or perhaps I could take him to my dungeon and chain him to the wall! Tsssss!

Boxers or Briefs?
Tonya:  thongs - yes, on my man!

What is next for you?

Tonya:  The Boss has me busy at the office the next few months so the next book likely won’t be out until maybe late summer. Sorry! I also plan to write a story or two outside the series……*wink* ….maybe a spinoff!


What were your first impressions of each other?

Nick:  As soon as Sondra stepped into my office, I knew I wanted to get inside her head. She had too much self confidence not to want her in my life. I envisioned her wanting to be a part of my lifestyle, that secret I shared with no one else. I knew with her self-esteem, she’d not have a problem being a submissive and letting me take control for a change.

Sondra:  I was drawn to his sexy blue eyes and the confidence he has. He wasn’t intimidated that I appeared as a strong woman who knew what she wanted. He waited quite a while to slowly introduce me into his lifestyle. I’d never heard of that before and the more he taught me, the more I like it. BDSM is more about self-control than anything and the mind games that are a part it have to be understood by both parties. I love it!

What are your favorite parts about each other?

Nick:  Sondra is comfortable with who she is and taking on the submissive role in our relationship doesn’t mess with her mind because she knows herself and is confident. I do think I may be teaching her too much, though. She’s getting cocky!

Sondra:   Nick only has to look at me in his stern manner for me to know I’ve stepped over the line regarding our lifestyle areas. He’s calm, very thorough and never raises his voice. Now in the office dealing with our clients, he considers me an equal when checking out investment portfolios so I thoroughly enjoy working at the office.

What’s next for you?

Tonya:  I’ll start another book in May or June. I need to catch up on a lot of sites and interviews to promote book four and the series. I’d like to venture onto some UK book sites so we’ll see where that leads. Look me up and keep your eyes out for upcoming news on my website and blog.

Contest:  One lucky winner will be picked on Saturday, Jan 21 to win a $15 gift card! Please leave a comment with your email so I can reach you!

Tonya’s Bio

Tonya Kinzer is a self-published erotic romance author whose books are quickly climbing the charts at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. If you’re looking for a romance with a little more spice than the average hot read, you won’t want to miss taking a look at her work. She writes erotic romance for readers who love to become a silent character within the story! You will be pulled into scenes to partake of the activities along the lines of soft bondage and Dom/sub relationships, to feel what her characters feel and taste what they taste...strong sexual desires much like your own! Be prepared to enter a world you'll not want to leave and can't wait to get back to…worlds where new submissives and demanding Doms entice you to read more!
Her series, The Boss's Pet, will take you on a journey alongside Nick and Sondra as they venture into a lifestyle that pulls them deeper into a world of sensuality and submission. You'll not want to miss any of the books in this series so stay locked on her website to know when the next books get released.
When she isn’t writing, she’s the pet for her own Boss, where she works a few days a week. Her day job is seasonal so this allows her to write during the off season as well as design covers, websites, and promo items. She also enjoys helping other authors where she can with their editing and being a critique partner when time allows.
       Bk 1 - The Contract    Bk 2 - Office Training   Bk 3 - Sharing Among Friends   Bk 4 - Their Submissive Switch 

Buy Links
All Romance & OmniLit:  http://www.omnilit.com/category237.html

Site Links

Book Trailer

Excerpt:

Forcing herself to remove her bra and panties, she knew she needed to change into her leather corset, fishnets, gloves and black heels. The feel of the warm leather against her skin made her feel so sexy, knowing Nick loved seeing her breasts protruding from the nipple holes in the bra. Even now, her nipples hardened as she tweaked them the same way her Master would; she squeezed them as hard and as long as she could manage, knowing it helped her endure what he would do.
Pleasing Him got her so excited; she loved posing in the positions He described for her, like tonight...how long would she have to be on her hands and knees waiting until He came through the door?
She collected her tweezer nipple clamps with the red feathers, the new flogger, ball gag, her largest vibrator and her wet thong, and then sauntered out to His end table. With careful attention, she displayed the items in the order He would want each of them. She knew her wet thong would be first; He’d pick it up, hold it to His nose and breathe in her musky scent. Men loved the smell of damp thongs! Next would be her nipple clamps, then the ball gag, flogger and vibrator.
Quickly, Sondra went to the kitchen for His glass of Single Barrel Jack Daniels and poured it over ice, taking it back to His end table.
Then she glanced at the clock.
Five minutes to spare.
Carefully, she got on her hands and knees in front of His chair with her back to his view...or rather, her ass. She spread her knees as far apart as she could handle, then balanced herself on her forearms, palms up, forehead to the carpet...and waited, listening.
The carpet tickled her hard nipples; her own punishment.
The garage door sounded and her heart began to race, knowing soon she’d hear His footsteps in the kitchen. He’d probably be able to smell her scent even from that distance.
The back door closed ever so quietly.
Blood pounded in her ears. Even for as long as they’d been doing this, each time was like the first time. The excitement sparked along her nerves and made her juices flow before she was ready.
Damnit!
His keys hit the table by the back door.
His footsteps sounded softly on the kitchen tile as he made his way toward her.
Slow deep breaths still didn’t calm her racing heart. She wanted whatever Her Master had in mind for her. Pleasing Him was priority number one.
Suddenly His footsteps stopped at His chair and He groaned aloud. She knew that satisfied groan of His. As He moved to sit down, His shoe bumped the toe of her high heels, causing her to jump and she waited for Nick to scold her but nothing came of it.
The ice in His drink sounded as He took a sip. She imagined the amber liquid seeping over His tongue and she wanted so bad to taste that right now, but...He knew that. He knew she loved the taste of Single Barrel, the smooth burn, the cool feel of his tongue as He swirled it over hers.
Waiting seemed the hardest part but moving before He gave her permission would bring on the flogger and she wasn’t ready for that just yet.
“Tip your hips more, slut....that’s it. Gawd I love seeing you like this...your knees so far apart that it separates your lips and cheeks to show me exactly what I rushed home to see.”
The ice in His glass sounded again and she wanted a taste so bad.
Suddenly icy cold hit her lower back, tracing even lower and she gritted her teeth, feeling the melting ice trickle down between her cheeks, over her hot pussy but she knew not to moan.
“The red welts on your ass will recede in a day or so...unless you require more this evening.”
He groaned again and she imagined his gaze taking in the red welts against her milky white skin, making them appear more prominent.
“I can see your nipples love the rough carpet. That should harden them for the clamps later.”
She heard him place something on the floor between her feet.
“Reach your hand back for me and take up that huge vibrator. With as wet as you appear to be, it should slip in with ease. I want to watch.”
He couldn’t be serious? Her fingers couldn’t even wrap around the entire thing!





16 comments:

  1. Great post, hot excerpt. I've added this to my must have list; I can't wait to read it.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpt and post. Can't wait to read this book. I've put it in my wishlist. Thanks for the giveaway.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, thanks for stopping in to read and check out The Boss's Pet. Hop over to my website to learn more about the series! I also have another contest going on my blog so comment there also to be in that contest!

    CarrieAnn, thanks so much for having me today! Nick and Sondra are tending bar the next few days for us so help yourself. Mill thru the crowd and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Interview! Book 4 is great BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot email:
    TudorRose829@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tonya you had me at the cover. You bet I am adding to the must read list. I love reading about the tables turning or reversing roles. So hot. Thanks for sharing the excerpt.

    pickanasa (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tonya!
    I haven't read many BDSM stories where the character was a Switch. I'm curious to see how the Dom handles being topped by the heroine.

    geishasmom73 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick, thank you for stopping it to say hi and downloading the books. I hope they keep you intrigued to last word! *wink* Let me know your thoughts!

    Stacie, Thanks for stopping in. I hope you find the books interesting. I love writing this stuff, especially when I know so many love reading the forbidden words! Its NOT your grandmother's romance!! Beware...intense sexual content! *wicked laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and smokin' excerpt!! Thanks for the giveaway.

    mljfoland AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Picking my jaw up from the floor.
    I loved the excerpt and the cover, it's delicious. I can't wait to read this book.
    luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ML & Julianne - *wink* so glad you approve of the excerpt! Their Submissive Switch is a bit hotter than the other three books and was fun to write! Download your copies and step into their world! Nick loves company....*wicked laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely sounds like a very hot story! And I would love to read it, the switch part really intrigues me ;)

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. *popping in for support* Tonya and Carrie great interview. I had the pleasure of critiquing this series and I have to say Their Submissive Switch is the best one yet. Reader's expect hotter scenes in the next installments and Tonya surely delivered this and more! Next time, I'll remember a towel to sit on when I'm reading for her. LMAO Steve loves it, cause he benefits from these reads. Have a great rest of the week everyone. ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brenda, thanks for stopping in and for doing the read thrus...LOL I hate putting you thru that! LMAO I know you love to be tortured thou. Readers, I hope you enjoy book 4 as much as Brenda and Steve did! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  16. and the winner is.......STACY D!!!

    Congrats Stacy, you are the winner of the $15 GC! I'll email you to find out where you'd like the GC too! thank you all for stopping in to read about book 4!! Muah!

    ReplyDelete