Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

Please Welcome Guest Blogger Megan Slayer.

Megan will be giving away a $10 Changeling Press GB to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Be sure to follow the tour, as the more you comment the better your chances of winning. Find the tour listings here


Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

I was asked to write about healing through love for this post. Now before I get started , I want to thank Carrie Ann Ryan for hosting me. I’m having a great time on the tour and am glad to be here. Great blog and great stop.
Now on to the topic and why I gave the post the title I did. In life there seems to be lots of words we can say without thinking. Lots of words we say in anger, love and just because. But there are very few we can say that are hard.
I don’t mean hard as in we can’t pronounce them. I mean hard because it’s admitting we might be wrong or have hurt someone. Although in the heat of the moment, I’ve found it rather hard to actually get the word sorry out. Sorry sometimes really is the hardest word.
When I sat down to write Permanent, I wasn’t sure what I was going to write. I had a character in my head who was hurting. River is a damaged man. He’s been through things that some of us have no concept of how to deal with. I really had to get into his head to tell his story and do it justice. He wants to be loved, but he’s convinced he’s unlovable. Tory, River’s roommate, doesn’t know the storied history River’s has lived. He cares about River. Now I won’t get into exactly how the story plays out, but there’s a healthy dose of love that’s injected into the friendship. There’s time and tenderness involved.
So how do we heal? Time, love and tenderness. Okay, so Michael Bolton reference aside, I honestly believe time, love, and tenderness. I’ve been lucky to not have been in many situations where my life has fallen apart. I’ve had the fortune to know how to land on my feet and just keep going forward. But don’t think that’s enough. I’ve got a wonderful DH and when I have had times that I’ve been down and out, he gives me the time, love and tenderness I need to get back up. He helps me get through the muck and heal.
That’s just my take on healing through love. You need that one special person or a ring of special people to help you through. Don’t be afraid to let those people know you need help and never be afraid to say I can’t handle something.
Thanks to Carrie Ann for letting me stop by and what are your thoughts on healing through love? I’m game to hear and chatter about it. 

Author Info:

When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.
            
When she's not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school.
She enjoys writing in all genres, but writing about men in love suits her fancy best.

Currently hanging out every Wednesday and Friday at the Menagerie Authors site, hunting Hotties for the Saturday posts, and working on the next great story brewing in her head!

http://www.wendizwaduk.com/indexMegan.htm
www.menagerieauthors.com (Megan's current site)
http://theauthormeganslayer.blogspot.com(Menagerie Blog)
http://menagerieauthors.blogspot.com/ (Megan's personal blog)
http://twitter.com/#!/MeganSlayer(Megan on Twitter)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000938063999 (Megan on FB)

Blurb:

Sometimes love just ain’t enough...

 River Cortland trusted the person he loved. His faith couldn’t protect him from the bitter sting of a cold-hearted Domme. If he’s going to learn to trust again, he’s got to deal with his past.  His roommate and best friend, Tory, has seen the physical damage and hasn’t walked away. Can he deal with the emotional scars as well?

Tory McClellan wanted the carefree life...until one night with River changed everything. There’s more to the shy art teacher and Tory wants to know everything-how he tastes, the scent of his skin, the feel of his body as they make love. What terror lies behind River’s brown eyes? Better yet, how can Tory make the sadness go away and be in River’s life, permanently?


Excerpt:

“Come get me. Need help. Please?”
The guy was usually unflappable and placid. For River to freak out, it had to be something huge. His heart hammered against his ribs. The fear and pain in River’s voice ate at him. Sure, he knew River liked to play at the club, but the last time he checked, River came home unscathed.
Tory wrenched the Jeep into the parking lot. Was he supposed to go in? Wait at the door? As he drove through the parking lot, he spied a figure huddled next to the ebony column.  He knew the plaid shirt. He’d given River the shirt last Christmas, but dear God, according to the Jeep it wasn’t above freezing out. Tory jerked to a halt and burst from the vehicle. He knelt next to his friend. The bright white and deep greens barely showed in the midst of the dark marring the cotton fabric.
“What happened?” Tory propped River on his arm, supporting River as he stumbled to the car. “That’s what you get for being bombed.” Although he worked to sound nonchalant, something wasn’t right.
River tilted his head, making Tory gasp. Both of River’s eyes were swollen, one completely shut. A cut bisected River’s cheek and blood slipped down the dirt-stained skin.  His body trembled. His hair lay in damp hanks about his forehead. The stench of urine emanated from his clothes. Tory wrinkled his nose and clicked the seatbelt into place. The guy was in shock.
 “You’re shivering. Are you going to be sick?” 

Megan will be giving away a $10 Changeling Press GB to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Be sure to follow the tour, as the more you comment the better your chances of winning. Find the tour listings here

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Carrie! I am so glad to be here today! Had a lot of fun writing about the boys and sharing the book. :-)

    Thanks!

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that things like this happen in real life. I'm glad that Megan could turn River's unhappiness into something good with Tory. I can't wait to read Permanent and see what happens between River and Tory.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've added Permanent to my must have list; it sounds great.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan! Some authors can pull a reader into a scene so fast their head spins and you've done just that. Wow! Within a few paragraphs, you've made us care, become curious and anxious to know the outcome! I love your writing and will be adding this one to my list! I think sales for Permanent will hit the stars...good luck, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to stop by and say good luck with your book. I hope the blog tour goes well and you find many new readers. Thanks again.
    Arthur. highwayman99c@Aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERMANENT sounds like a really good book. Good luck with the book & blog tour!
    June
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne, I'm glad you're interested. Hope you like the book.

    Tracey, Thanks! Hope it's good!

    Tonya, Can I just say you've made my day? Wow, what a comment. Thank you! :-) Hope the rest of the book is good for you!

    Arthur, my man. I just might nominate you for CB duty. :-)

    June, Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy Permanent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After that excerpt this book is going on my To Buy list! I can't wait to find out what happens in this book.

    suz2@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is already on my must buy list :) But I did love the excerpt! As for healing threw love I think it is possible, and also beautiful to have someone there to help you threw a hard time! Thanks for posting today!
    brandon_savannah@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan W - Thanks! I hope you enjoy the rest of the book! :-)

    Savannah - Thanks! River showed me it's possible, but you'll have to keep reading to take the journey! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My alter ego stepped in and thanked folks, but hey, we both thank you all for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so interested in what happened to River. I guess a determined woman can do as much damage as a man.

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to
    make a really good article… but what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.
    Here is my weblog ... problems with health care

    ReplyDelete