Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Taste for a Mate: Six Sentence Sunday - #26

My six sentences today come from A Taste for a Mate, book 2 in the Redwood Pack series. It comes out Feb 6th! So close! 

Willow has just woken up and not fully awake yet. :-)


Questions formed and tumbled in her mind, cooling the surrounding warmth as she tried to make sense of what was happening.

The sounds of footsteps on the lush carpet mingled with the crunching of grass beneath a person’s foot. The bending of a blade of grass underneath a paw sounded crisp and clean. A door opened to a home, followed by more footsteps.

Behind the intense sandalwood came the strong scent of freshly ground coffee, fatty bacon sizzling in a pan, the creamy scent of homemade pancakes with fresh whipped cream and berries. The sharp citrus smell of squeezed orange juice overpowered her scenes as she caught a whiff of wood shavings.

Find the other sixers here.

22 comments:

  1. Okay, this is SO not fair when I'd planned to have cereal for breakfast. LOL. Great use of the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You literally placed me in that scene - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a sensory overload--and man could I smell the pancakes! Great depiction of the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing I just finished eating breakfast or I'd be in the kitchen for sure! Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great six! Love the use of smells and sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, hungry now....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I just had lunch and now I'm hungry again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely use of the senses to pull us into the scene. A terrific excerpt as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your snippet is going to lead to a lot of pancakes and bacon today - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I can see why people are hungry after reading this--now I want bacon and pancakes.
    Great six, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great six! Now I want to make pancakes and bacon for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic use of the senses, Carrie Ann! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Fabulous dichotomy of smells. Just where the heck is she?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Karysa--where is she that she is sensing the sound of the paw on grass AND smelling the breakfast cooking? VERY intriguing six, Carrie Ann. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sensory details. very nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sensory detail in this is terrific, crisp and vivid. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've now successfully made me really, really hungry. mmmm... bacon. Great description.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yea for breakfast! I think he's a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete