Saturday, February 4, 2012

Interview with Jessica Subject

Hi! Thanks so much for coming today. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

First of all, thank you Carrie Ann for having me here today! Other than an author, I’m also a wife, mother, and reader. And I believe everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after.
Tell us a bit about your book.
Unknown Futures started out as the sequel to Celestial Seduction, but Frey and Carrie stepped aside so that I could tell Jewel and Flavia’s story, although they didn’t completely leave. Here’s the blurb:
Attacked as a young adult, Jewel is left scarred and alone. She applies to the 1Night Stand service, believing no one can see past her appearance to love her. But she doesn’t expect to be sent to a space station where her date could be any number of unusual alien species.
Flavia left everything behind to be one of five humans working for the Space Service space station. Extremely homesick, she is excited to learn she will be a guide to a woman from Earth visiting the station for a couple days. She is immediately drawn to the petite woman, seeing past her scars to her true inner beauty, stirring unforeseen desires.
Unfortunately, Jewel is there for a date which Flavia hasn’t been told about. Can she contain her lust and simply show her a good time? Or will she let her desire lead them into an unknown future?

Available from Decadent Publishing and other ebook retailers.

Is this part of a series?

Yes, this is my third story in Decadent Publishing popular multi-authored 1Night Stand series. Each is the story of people being set up on a blind date by Madame Evangeline, who runs the 1Night Stand dating service. Find out more information here: http://decadent1nightstand.blogspot.com/

What did you find the hardest part of writing it to be?

As with all of my stories, I find it hard to get the emotional connection I feel for my characters, and what they feel for each other, from my head, onto the pages.

What was your favorite part?

The dance club scene. It brings me back to my dance club days, but I got to add an intergalactic twist.
Here’s an excerpt:
She slid her hand from Jewel’s waist, down, then back up, swaying in front of her. Only an inch between them. She couldn’t get enough. Her Earth scent became intoxicating.

Beat after beat, song after song, she kept her hands on the sexy woman. She claimed her, telling everyone else to stay away. She wanted to savor her precious body. Maybe she could make her forget about her date.

She pulled Jewel even closer, her sensitive nipples pressed against the woman she desired. Holding her with both hands, grinding against her to the music. Her heart raced with hunger. I want to take her on the floor. Right here. Right now.

But the song changed. The beat slowed, indicating last call. The club would close soon.

Most of the patrons had left. Only those hoping to hook up remained. She stepped back. Jewel would have to make the first move. V could never force herself on anyone.

When Jewel took her hands and placed them back on her body, she couldn’t help but smile. Perhaps the evening would end the way she wanted.

Jewel pressed against her, her head resting on her shoulder, swaying to the decelerated beat. “I don’t want this night to end.”

Their dancing became deliberate, a sensuous and intimate rhythm. “It doesn’t have to.”

Jewel stopped and looked up at her. “You…you’re interested?”

Rate your story in terms of steaminess 

I would say four fireworks. There are two hot scenes involving the women, but the dance club gets pretty steamy with some exhibitionism.

Who is your favorite romance author?

Based on who I’ve read the most books from, that would be Nora Roberts. Although there are plenty of other authors out there that I love. For my ebooks, I have separate folders for the authors who I buy a lot of their books.

What is your favorite romance book or series?

Again, it would have to be the In Death series, by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts). But I have to include Gini Koch’s Alien series here. I could list a bunch more as well.

Who is your favorite romance character? If you could go on a date with that person, what would you do? Details please! *wink*

That would be Jeff Martini from Gini Koch’s Alien series. *swoon*. If he and I weren’t happily married, I would have to see just how fast and how much stamina he has as an A/C (Alpha Centaurian).

Boxers or Briefs?

Boxer briefs or boxers.

What is next for you?

Once I finish up the blog tours of my three releases in December and January, I’ll be getting ready for the release of my first full-length novel on March 24 from Silver Publishing. The Zurian Child is the first in my Mark of the Stars series about aliens which live on Earth. This series was the very first thing I wrote, and began as a superhero story for my daughter. As I plotted and wrote, it became something much different.
As for my writing, I’m working on the second book in my Mark of the Stars series and a couple other smaller projects.
Thanks again, Carrie Ann for hosting me! And all the best to you!

Giveaway!!
As part of the Unknown Futures blog tour with Sizzling PR, Jessica is giving away a $20 gift certificate to either Amazon.com or AllRomanceEbooks.com. Simply leave a comment with your email address for your chance to WIN! Be sure to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: http://www.markofthestars.com/wp/?page_id=8896

Bio:
Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from anyone who has enjoyed her stories.


12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me today, Carrie Ann! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! Great interview and I live Gini Koch's books! Already preordered it do it will be here on release day. Your book sounds great. Would you recommend reading you stories in the 1Night Stand series in a specific order?

    beckerjo at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the excerpt, Jessica. And congrats on the forthcoming release of your novel! :) Great interview, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JoAnna - Yay! I have the next one pre-ordered as well. Can't wait!

    Thanks! For my 1NS stories, Beneath the Starry Sky occurs first, then Celestial Seduction and Unknown Futures. Although they can be read in any order.

    @Jenna - Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the interview, Jessica. I can't wait for the release of your SF novel! Love your lNS books too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview.And thanks for sharing the excerpt.And congrats on your upcoming novel release.

    elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all fabulous thank you. I wish you well.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elain & Marybelle - Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your upcoming release.

    Love the excerpt.

    You are a new-to-me author.
    I will be looking more at your books.

    Deb
    mammy3114(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the interview. The book sounds very interesting.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Carrie Ann, for hosting me during my Unknown Futures blog tour!
    And thank you to everyone who stopped by!
    The winner is posted her on my website: http://www.markofthestars.com/wp/?p=9429
    All the best!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete