Thursday, February 2, 2012

Interview with Malia Mallory

Hi! Please welcome Malia Mallory to the blog!


Hi! Thanks so much for coming today. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Thanks so much for hosting me today! I am an erotica author. Thus far, most of my released material has been short stories and novellas. I do plan to work on some longer things soon! I've been writing off and on for years but finally took the plunge into being published last year.
I live in Hawaii with my husband and the cutest, sweetest dog a person could ever have.

Tell us a bit about your book.

I have released a few stand-alone stories but I also have an ongoing series called The ABCs of Erotica. The stories are not necessarily connected but there have been a few characters who have popped up more than once. One example is Mistress Ven who is a main character is both C is for C*ck Ring and D is for Domination. Not all the stories are BDSM though, they cover a wide variety of topics based upon themes from the alphabet.

Is this part of a series?

So far, I've released five stories from the series including A is for Anal, B is for Beach, C is for C*ck Ring, D is for Domination and R is for Revenge. There are a few others that are complete but not yet released. You can get an idea of the topic from the title. For example, B is for Beach is about a couple who meet and fulfill a fantasy of having sex on a beach. It is a more romantic story. R is for Revenge is about a curvy BBW who has the opportunity to get back at her former boss. It started out as R is for Rubenesque 
but it was really the revenge aspect that was the focus of the story

What did you find the hardest part of writing it to be?

I find it difficult to find the time. I am a terrible procrastinator. I need to be more disciplined about putting aside specific blocks for writing. It is so easy to fritter away time.

What was your favorite part?

I really enjoy hearing from people that they were entertained by a story I wrote. I also like the feeling of satisfaction I get when a story is complete.

Rate your story in terms of steaminess 

I'd have to say they are pretty steamy and explicit. There is no purple prose here. The more BDSM stories are considered "lighter" BDSM as they don't go too, too far. Some of my stories are ménage and some use toys. The characters tend to be comfortable with their pursuits.

Who is your favorite romance author?

I was a huge Linda Howard fan for years. She was my favorite. Now it is hard to settle on just one because there are so many great authors.

What is your favorite romance book or series?

I'm a big fan of Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series. If you like regency, they are really great. I also like Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Amanda Quick. Again, these are regencies but with more unusual and original heroines. She had moved on from these somewhat and is writing more historical paranormal type stuff now with that pseudonym but those are good too.

Who is your favorite romance character? If you could go on a date with that person, what would you do? Details please! *wink*

Wow this is a tough question. You know, me and about a million other woman would love to meet Roarke from Nora Roberts' In Death Series (writing as J.D. Robb). Who can argue with smart, gorgeous, successful, romantic and rich to boot!
It would be great to have a wonderful meal at a restaurant that I couldn't otherwise afford with some charming conversation.
Honestly though, I am very happily married. I'm super lucky to be married to my own smart, wonderful guy.


Boxers or Briefs?

I like both. They each have their positives J

What is next for you?

I'm currently on a blog tour to promote The ABCs of Erotica. All the appearances are listed on my web site (http://www.maliamallory.com).
I am also working on a sequel to Mia's Cop Craving as well as a short story that is steampunk erotica. It is called Clockwork Caning. There will also be more of The ABCs of Erotica coming soon.
These questions are for your main characters
To answer these characters questions, I'm going to utilize Erica and Ben who are the characters in The ABCs of Erotica - B is for Beach.

What were your first impressions of each other?

Before they met for dinner at the beginning of the story, Ben and Erica had only spoken on the phone. Both were pleased and relieved to find they like each other as well in person and that their "phone" chemistry translated to an in person encounter.

What are your favorite parts about each other?

Erica, like me, is a big fan of a great smile and Ben has one. Ben is intrigued by the duality of Erica's personality. She is alternately shy and then uninhibited.

What’s next for you?

Ben and Erica are great characters. It seems like maybe a more fully fleshed out treatment of their relationship is something I should consider. That is to say, maybe they should get a book? J
Malia Mallory is the author of The ABCs of Erotica series, which includes so far A is for Anal, B is for Beach, C is for C*ck Ring D is for Domination, and now, R is for Revenge. The ABCs of Erotica covers the erotic spectrum from BDSM to ménage and everything in between. More releases in the series are on the way. She has also released Mia's Cop Craving and Santa's Backdoor Baby. She has hit the bestselling erotica lists at both Amazon and iTunes. Her books are available in electronic format at major retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and AllRomance Books.
For a free copy of B is for Beach from The ABCs of Erotica, head to her website and sign up for the newsletter at http://www.maliamallory.com/Join_My_Mailing_List.php.
Connect with Malia Mallory

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview, ladies! Malia, nice to meet you. Book sounds great and I'll be adding it to my TBR list. Love alternately shy and uninhibited. Nice mix and should be lots of fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete