Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What makes Military and Mercenary men so sexy?

Please welcome Tory Richards to the blog!

Tory will be awarding a $20 gift certificate to Bath and Body to one lucky person who comments. Be sure to follow her tour, because the more you comment, the higher your chances to win. Click the logo below to find her tour dates.



My host asked me, “What makes Military/Mercenary men so sexy?” My first thought was, are you kidding me? That’s easy! It’s so obvious. But then as I thought about it more, I realized it went much deeper than the uniform or persona they represented. And I guess it’s what you consider sexy. Yet any man can seem handsome and sexy in a uniform.
So, why?  For me it’s what they symbolize. Safety. Security. Protection. Danger.  And how they carry themselves. I just feel that, no matter what happens around me, they will take care of me. Because that’s what they do. Aren’t they sworn to protect the weak and the innocent?  They’re bigger than life and walk around with their heads held high, showing the rest of us that they are proud and strong. That yes, we can count of them.
There’s just something about a man in uniform that inspires romance. The dangerous places he’s been, the fighting he’s done. The power of his usually fit physique, along with any battle scars that reveal the life he leads. He has permission to be a hero. As a hero in a romance story he can do anything. Easily defeat the enemy with brawn and skill, and make love to his woman with wild passion and tempered strength. The ultimate alpha male.
Clint Becker is my alpha hero in The Mercenary Way. He makes his living hiring out to the biggest purse. But when his cousin asks him to rescue her best friend, Sarah, he reluctantly agrees. He barely finishes up one mission before finding himself on his way to an island off the coast of Florida. After meeting the spirited, curvaceous blonde, Sarah Reynolds, he wonders what he’s got himself in to. They mix like oil and water!
The Mercenary Way was released with The Wild Rose Press the beginning of February. It’s a revision of Against the Odds, which was first published a few years ago with a different publisher. Besides a new title and book cover, much content and heat has been added. And it has been thoroughly revised. Below is a blurb and brief excerpt.

When a ruthless gem smuggler mistakes Sarah for her best friend Susan, she's kidnapped and stashed on an island. Her only hope of rescue is Susan's cousin Clint -- a soldier-of-fortune whose my-way-or-else attitude is as infuriating as his muscular body is distracting.
Clint, ex-Navy SEAL turned mercenary, desperately needs a vacation. Rescuing a kidnapped woman from an island paradise isn't what he had in mind. And when he encounters Sarah's sassy mouth and tempting ways, he soon realizes he's the one in trouble.
Excerpt -
“Is Stan─”
“Sshh!” he warned briskly, his gaze returning to hers. “Now isn’t the time for conversation, angel.”
Sarah pressed her lips. She didn’t like being told to be quiet. She dropped her eyes before his steady gaze, beginning to feel self-conscious of their intimate situation. Clint was too sexy and in spite of his gruff ways, she was attracted to him. Sarah recalled the eagerness of her response when he’d had his fingers inside her. She was hungry for that particular feeling again but now was hardly the place or the time.
“You can get off me now,” she spoke quietly, pushing against his shoulders. “They’re going away.”
Clint didn’t budge. “They may have lowered someone to the ground to continue the search,” he reasoned. “Be quiet.”
Sarah listened to the sound of the chopper diminish as it moved further away and raised her eyes to the top of the trees above them where the sky was visible. And where Clint’s gaze was focused. She couldn’t help noticing how thick and muscular his arched neck was. The veins were evident beneath his whiskered jaw.
“You can still get off me,” she insisted, wincing at the weakness in her tone. He glanced down at her. Their gazes met and held. Sarah tried to gauge what he was thinking. After an awkward moment of silence, Sarah looked away, but not before she acknowledged the flame of awareness in Clint’s pupils. His body grew taut.
She caught her breath when he turned hard and demanding against her. With little between them, it was easy to determine Clint wasn’t lacking there. And the knowledge turned Sarah hotter. It seemed the danger of being captured was over but another more primal danger threatened her.
She knew she was playing with fire but couldn’t stop herself from acknowledging Clint’s hard-on in the most obvious way. Parting her legs, she arched into the hard shaft, being rewarded when he sucked in his breath.
 “You know if I was a smart man I’d roll off, start walking and not look back.”
Sarah stiffened. Then why didn’t he? When Clint didn’t move right away, Sarah closed her eyes so she wouldn’t have to look at him. His closeness was unnerving, catching her off guard when she realized how much she liked his weight against her. However, closing her eyes turned out to be a bigger mistake when all it did was enhance the charged atmosphere between them.
Her ears picked up the low drone of the helicopter as it was all but out of ear shot, but her senses were acutely aware of Clint. His breath was against her face, hot and intimate, his heart beating against her chest keeping rhythm with another more vital part of his body. When he began to grind his aroused cock against her, she began to respond to the situation against her will.
Suddenly, she felt alive. Her breasts became ultra-sensitive, swelling against his chest as her nipples hardened into tight little nubs. In her mind’s eye, Sarah could see his mouth on her, licking and tugging on them until she was breathless and on fire.
Oh God! What is happening to me? An explosive rush swept through her blood. She kept her eyes closed, desperate to ignore the changes in her body, trying to ignore that it was a man like Clint— callous, raw, and totally unlovable—who was turning her on to such a feverish pitch. She struggled to bring her breathing under control, embarrassed when a soft whimper broke the silence.
“Open your eyes,” he demanded in a voice hoarse with desire.
“No.” The way Sarah figured it, if she didn’t look at him, nothing would happen. He couldn’t possible know she was so turned on she was burning up with it.
“I’m going to kiss you.”

About Tori:

I'm a fifty-something author who discovered my passion for writing and story telling at the ripe old age of thirteen. Before I received my first manual typewriter, with pencil in hand, I would jot my stories down on notebook paper. Later, after receiving that desired typewriter I spent hours in my bedroom, where my parents thought I was doing homework. Writing turned out to be a kind of therapy for me, something I didn't realize until years later.
 
I also hold down a full time day job. So basically I'm working all the time. Only writing is a hobby for me, something I do during the quiet of the evenings and on my weekends. My goals are simple and realistic. By the time I retire I'll be happy if I'm just making enough "mad money" from it to be able to travel a little, and spoil my grandchildren.
 
I'll travel any place a cruise ship will take me. I've been to: Greece, Italy, Croatia, Spain, and Alaska just to name a few places. I don't like to fly, even before I found myself on a plane on 9/11, but I will if I'm given enough legal drugs. I collect antiques and art, and I love chocolate, who doesn't? And I'm addicted to good coffee and sweet ice tea.
 
For a while life got in the way of my dreams. A few years ago I decided to get serious and haven't looked back!

Find Tory and her books at:

http://www.thewildrosepress.com/


Tory will be awarding a $20 gift certificate to Bath and Body to one lucky person who comments. Be sure to follow her tour, because the more you comment, the higher your chances to win. Click the logo below to find her tour dates.

15 comments:

  1. like you, I don't like to fly. I have been on a cruise, which I loved, and now I am researching train travel. You can see a lot that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I want to thank Carrie for hosting me today.

    Tory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey MomJane, I've taken a train ride too with the thought I could sit back and view the countryside. But we just went through the bad, run down areas of towns and industrial parks.

    Now in Alaska, we had a wonderful ride through the wilderness and mountains!

    Tory

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    Love, love, love military men. Soooo sexy. I write about cowboys, but a coupel of my CPs feature miliatry men, and they are yummylicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished a ms featuring a mercenary and am now working on a series of military romance with special forces alphas! Love 'em!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UMMMM...Mercenary Men...strong, brave, alpha men. YUM. Your excerpt is very tantalizing Thanks for sharing. It makes me want to know more of what happens between them.

    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alpha male ,got to love him.
    r.d1@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a total sucker for a man in uniform, it's got to be said! I love writing about them, reading about them, seeing them in the flesh... yum!

    Good luck with the release.

    lucy at lucyfelthouse dot co dot uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a cowboy romance too, D'Ann. I tend to write about alpha males in alpha roles. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jennifer. You can't go wrong writing about military heroes. We all love them! Will your series have a specific name?

    Tory

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you'll have to read the book to find out, Catherine:) I promise you won't be disappointed!

    Tory

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do you love about alpha males, Renald? Just curious:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Lucy! Seeing them in the flesh? Enlighten us:)

    Tory

    ReplyDelete