Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Character Interview with April and Danielle

Hi Everyone! My friends April and Danielle let me borrow their lovely character Azaleigh for an interview!

In case you didn't know, Azaleigh is from Flesh & Feathers.

Azaleigh's life is simple until, by chance, she meets Kale.  Charming and handsome Az is drawn to him.  But dangerous plans are unfolding around her.  As her life begins to crumble and Kale disappears, Gage, calm and supportive, arrives. Much is at stake, including Az’s life. And her heart.


Carrie Ann: Hi Azaleigh! Thank you for taking time out of your hectic life to come chat with me.
Az: Thanks for having me. I have nothing better to do anyway since Kale has been gone. Oh, wow, I didn’t mean that in a rude way. No offense.
A&D: None taken.

Carrie Ann: So Az… what was the first thing that attracted you to Kale?
Az: His sultry persona. You know when you want someone because they make you feel like you can’t have them, well that did it for me.
Carrie Ann: You guys met in the bar, correct?
Az: Yeah, that’s right and if I had known it would have turned into a battlefield, then I would have guzzled a few more marguerites (giggles).

Carrie Ann: Have you talked Jen recently?
Az: No. I’m really worried about her. She’s been through a lot.
Carrie Ann: And you don’t know where she’s at?
Az: Not right now. But I fully intend to… I just don’t know where to start.

Carrie Ann: Someone told me you had a fear of birds.
Az: Um, yeah. If you saw the one out back at the diner, you would completely understand. That thing was a monster! I almost had to beat it with a broom to get it to leave.
Carrie Ann: Did it attack you?
Az: No, but I could tell by the way he was eyeing me that he was definitely thinking about pecking my eyes out.

Carrie Ann: Been on any boats lately?
Az: Hell no! I’ve decided that Az plus boats equal catastrophe. The last time I ended up on a boat I was stuck in the middle of the ocean with hardly any fuel and no clue where to go.

Carrie Ann: I know this is a touchy subject, but how are you and Gage.
Az: Gage… he is a great friend; he just knows how to piss me off sometimes.
Carrie Ann: Is he still living in the same apartment complex?
Az: Yes. I swear he does it just to drive me crazy (eyes roll).

Carrie Ann: You’ve been through a lot in the past year. How do you think you’ve recovered?
Az: It’s been hard, emotionally and physically. I lost some loved ones and that haunts me every day. And I have the scar across my stomach to remind me. But if it’s okay, I would like to talk about something else. Some things I would like to keep buried.

Carrie Ann: What are your plans for the future?
Az: I’m scared to think too far into the future. I feel like I can’t make plans because they will just be altered.

Carrie Ann: Well, I just want to thank you so much for taking the time to talk with us today.
Az: No problem. Oprah was busy anyway (Winks).

Danielle Hylton-Outland was raised in Virginia. She grew up having a huge appetite for daydreaming; always wanting to live in the spectacular worlds she created in her mind. She now lives with her husband and dog where she is pursuing a degree in literature. Danielle is a strong animal activist. She is currently co-writing the second book in the Flesh Series, "Flesh and Flames".

April Fifer grew up in a small town in Virginia, where it was common practice believing that dreams could only be found in stories. At the age of seven she was diagnosed with dyslexia. She was told that she would struggle through life and would never pick up a book to read for pleasure. Although school was hard, she was able to find her way with the help of two teachers who taught her self-discovery. Ignoring what she was taught growing up, she turned it around and found that your dreams could become stories.
 

Contact information:








Buy Link

Azaleigh's life is simple until, by chance, she meets Kale.  Charming and handsome Az is immediately drawn to him. But long kept secrets lurk in the hearts of those Az holds most dear, and dangerous plans are unfolding around her.  As her life begins to crumble and Kale disappears, Gage, charismatic and striking, arrives, providing a calm port in an increasingly violent storm.  But with every narrow escape from a far from human bounty hunter after her life, Az begins to unravel a secret with the power to change her forever.  In an increasingly hostile world of Angel and Fallen, Azaleigh must navigate her own path, chose her own side, and ultimately protect her heart.  Faced with two gorgeous men, an enemy she doesn’t know, and a future she cannot understand, Az must make the choice: the man she loves, or the man she cannot live without.





April and Danielle are giving away a $10 Amazon Gift Card to a lucky commenter! Be sure to leave your email addys!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks to the very sweet and great Carrie Ann for letting us take over her blog again today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute character interview! =0)

    frommetoyouvideo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great book. Thank you for bringing to my attention, now I need to put it on my list! :)

    proudarmymom32(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the interview. Sounds like a great book.
    robinky42(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love character interviews and this one was a fun read.

    I like discovering new authors and look forward in reading Flesh and Feathers.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the great comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did enjoy the character interview thank you.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the interview. The book sounds very good.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice interview!!

    sweety225(at)rocketmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for doing this post and giveaway!
    OceanAkers(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview! Your books sounds very good! Id love to read it! Adding it to my wishlist. Thanks!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete