Friday, March 2, 2012

Fresh Friday Reading

What's Fresh Friday Reading you ask?

Well, some of you know I read annoying fast. I can read a 350-page book in an hour usually. Yeah. That annoyingly fast. On Fridays I thought I'd tell you a bit of what I've read this week. Just because I love books so much!

I'm still writing and editing this week, but since I have no life outside of books it seems - I read!

These books all happened to come out this week - but that doesn't always happen. And I've read more than these, but these are four that came to mind.



LOVED this book. I actually liked the first two in the series more - but I really really LOVED this book. And I totally guessed right on who the killer was. But shhh I won't tell.

A SHADOW IN THE WINDOW
Nia Hollister doesn’t scare easily. Come hell or high water, she intends to find her cousin’s killer. She returns to Ash, Kentucky, for answers. What she doesn’t expect is to ache with desire every time she sees Law Reilly. If any man can help her escape the nightmares for a while, it’s him. But can she allow herself to take comfort in those strong arms when a murderer still roams free?
Unknown to Nia, as she quietly slips into Law Reilly’s home, is that she’s being watched—by someone who is waiting for an opportunity to strike.
Timing is everything, though he can’t wait forever. If she’s not frightened, she soon will be. Nia has made a vow to find her cousin’s killer. She should be careful what she wishes for.
This is the second book in the series and was really sweet. A slight touch of magic made the book that much better. 
Lucy Marinn is a glass artist living in mystical, beautiful, Friday Harbor, Washington, with a boyfriend, Kevin, who she believes is her soul mate. She has always had a magical side - a gift that finds its way into the breathtaking glasswork she creates - and she struggles to keep it contained. But when Lucy is blindsided by the most bitter kind of betrayal, she questions many of her choices. Her boyfriend leaves her and his new lover is none other than Lucy's own sister. Lucy's bitterness over this devastation is multiplied buy the fact that she has constantly made the wrong choices in her romantic life. 

Meanwhile, facing the severe disapproval of Lucy's family, Kevin asks his friend Sam Nolan, a local vineyard owner on the San Juan Island, to "romance" Lucy so that she can more easily move on. But when Sam and Lucy begin to feel real sparks between them, Lucy must ask herself if she can easily risk her heart again. 

As Lucy questions her beliefs about love, loyalty, and old patterns, mistakes, and new beginnings, she explores the possibility that some things in life - even after are being broken - can be re-made into something beautiful. And that is the only by discovering who you really are that you can find the one who truly deserves you.
What can I say? Nalini is easily one of my top 5 authors of all time. Her angels are...just...yeah. I'd read most of these before, but the last novella was a new one to me. Loved it. 
ANGELS' FLIGHT
In Angel's Wolf a vampire becomes fascinated with the seductive angel who rules Louisiana. But all is not what it appears to be in her court.
In Angels' Judgment a hunter must track one of her own gone bad, while surviving the deadly tests placed in her way by the archangels themselves. Unexpected backup comes from a stranger who might just be the most lethal threat of all...
Plus FIRST TIME IN PRINT
In Angels' Pawn a vampire hunter faces off against two rival factions and the angel manipulating them both, and a vampire whose help is not entirely selfless...
And NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED
In Angels' Dance an angel trapped in the mountain stronghold of the Refuge finds herself under siege by a warrior angel from a martial court.
I truly love this series. I'd been waiting on Paris forever. Gena didn't disappoint me. The book was just...exploding-of-the-mind worthy. I can't really say too much or I'd spoil it all. But wow.

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive—but his potent allure comes at a terrible price.  Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die.  And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he’d thought was forever beyond his reach…until now.   
 
Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a ruthless need to punish those around her. Yet, in Paris’s arms the vulnerable beauty finds soul-searing passion and incredible peace. Until a blood feud between ancient enemies heats up.
 
Will the battle against gods, angels and creatures of the night bind them eternally– or tear them apart?

5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! I need to catch up on my reading. Especially on Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld. I wish I read as fast as you. Hey! can you follow me around and read to me? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see me following you around with a book in my hands! LOL

    I can read on the commute and when I'm around the house and not near a computer - or I'd write then as well LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read a Regency by a debut author who needed to fact check her book. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to check out all these books!

    ReplyDelete