Friday, March 9, 2012

Fresh Friday Reading

Hi All!

What books did you read this week? I've read a few - including my own Trinity Bound during page proofs.

Here's a few I read this week - though I've read more! There were sooo many new releases this week, I couldn't decide so I picked four randomly LOL.


I'm also on Scorching Book Reviews today in  a Blind Date Contest and could use your votes! 



Fair Game - Patricia Briggs

Charles is my favorite hero of all time. ALL TIME. You don't understand how much I love this man. And Anna? I love heroines that don't start out strong and find themselves to be even stronger. This book was the 3rd in the series and amazing. OMG. The ending. Yeah...Just...OMG...


Oh and I just heard that this was the last in the series. I'm actually sobbing over here. I just can't...yeah...

They say opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant alpha. While Anna, an omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind. 

Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles. 

Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston, when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial killer case. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves-all of them were. Someone is targeting their kind. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights...


Taking a Shot - Jaci Burton

So, if I could love these books for their covers alone, I'd be in heaven. But Jaci Burton is an amazing writer and I LOVE LOVE sports stories. I'm so happy this book isn't the last in the series. The hero was just perfect. Soooo perfect. And the heroine was perfect for him.


If you want to score, you have to get in the game... 

The last thing Jenna Riley needs is more sports in her life. While her brothers are off being athletic superstars, she’s stuck running the family’s sports bar, whether she likes it or not. Then in walks pro hockey stud Tyler Anderson. As much as Jenna would like to go to the boards with him, she’s vowed to never fall for a jock—even one as hot as Ty. 

Ty, intrigued by the beautiful bar owner, becomes a regular. He senses that Jenna wants to do something more with her life. And as he gains her trust, the passion between them grows, as does Ty’s insistence that Jenna should start living for herself. With his encouragement, Jenna starts to believe it, too… 

But first, Jenna has to figure out what she wants, what she needs, who she loves, and if she has the passion and pride to take a shot at having it all—including Ty…


Waltz this Way - Dakota Cassidy

So Dakota Cassidy is my favorite comedy romance writer. I loved these characters. It was a great way to sit back and just enjoy a book and laugh your head off. 


Left without a partner… 

When former ballroom champion Melina Cherkasov found out that her famous husband was cheating, she was devastated, especially since she was informed by a sleazy reporter on national TV. Thanks to an ironclad pre-nup and a scumbag ex, Melina has to pack up her dog and her dignity and take refuge in her dad’s retirement community in New Jersey. 

...it’s time to take the lead. 

To make ends meet, Melina puts her dancing shoes to use as an instructor at Westmeyer—a private school for boy geniuses. Teaching a bunch of hormonal teenagers the waltz is trying, but the school’s sexy handyman proves to be an ample distraction. Drew McPhee is perfect, except for one thing: he doesn’t like dancing. Thankfully, the finesse Drew lacks on the floor is more than made up for by his skills in the bedroom. And after one steamy night, the ballroom diva is the one getting swept off her feet…


Wrath - Laurann Dohner

So you have no idea how much I love this New Species series. Laurann is superb at creating worlds and drool-worthy men. I loved this hero in the first book he showed up in and I'm so happy he got a story! This wasn't my favorite of the series - probably because I loved the others so much LOL. But this is still a really really good book!

Wrath volunteers to live and work outside Homeland where he’ll once again be confined in a small space with other males. He was subjected to horrific abuse and conditioning and forced to view endless sex tapes of human females while chained to Mercile’s perverted machines. Wrath knows he’s too dangerous and emotionally damaged to ever be with a female. 

Lauren has just been detained by three big, buff, well-armed men—New Species. One of them really catches her eye. He is tall, sexy, and…her new roommate apparently. She has never met a man this truly spectacular and she decides to taste every inch of his amazing body. Wrath wants to explore that plan too. The sex is incredible and he gives her everything she needs but he’ll only go so far. Something is holding him back. 

Lauren has to make him unleash his desire and Wrath has to get past his fear to give them a chance at a future together.


Also Reads: (Other books I've read this week, but didn't want to make the whole blog post take up 12 pages! LOL)

Hunter's Prey - Moria Rogers
Nightborn - Lynn Viehl
Now or Never - Michele Bardsley
Wrong Side of Hell - Juliana Stone
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got your speed-reading game on. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished HOw to FLirt With a Naked Werewolf and started Gemma Holiday's Spying in High Heels. Both have been very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too many to count this week. I'm trying to read/review before I leave next week. I do have Taking A Shot on the nightstand and Western Ties on the Nook. I might wait for Western Ties. As much as I want Sawyer, I'm not ready to cry and weep. I need happy and sigh worthy right now.

    ReplyDelete