Thursday, April 26, 2012

Adorable hockey players and why Angela Stone chooses to write about them.



Adorable hockey players and why I choose to write about them.

A big thank you to Carrie Ann for letting me sneak into her blog to talk about hockey players. We all love hockey players, some more than others. As the hockey playoffs are hitting full swing I’m thrilled to announce my new short story called “Goalie Interference”

The blurb and excerpt are below!

A lot of people ask me why I write about hockey players. The answer, for me, is very simple. They’re easy. As a Canadian I grew up with the sport, I’ve lived and breathed it since I was a baby. I remember Saturday nights sitting on my Dad’s knee cheering for the Habs, and asking questions.  As I got older I was able to play hockey, it became part of my soul. For me hockey was my safe zone, when the rest of the world was crashing in on me I could turn to hockey and for a while it would all be okay.

I’ve been writing hockey fiction since I was about 15. Don’t worry, I won’t show you my horrible stumbling attempts where I blindly felt my way forward in the world of writing. I will tell you that the community I found grabbed me and nurtured me. I learned my craft by writing with an amazing group of people, many of whom I’m still friends with today,

When Emily Cale first approached me with the idea of not only writing a story about Hockey Players, but writing a trilogy about them I jumped on the chance. It’s the first time I’ve written about hockey players in a number of years, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

Goalie interference is the first book in the Hat Trick Trilogy, part of Decedent Publishing’s 1Nigh Stand series. The second book called “Power Play” is a M/F/M ménage and the third book is called “Unsportsmanlike Conduct” is M/M. There is also a bonus chapter in Unsportsmanlike Conduct that gives us a happy ending, not only to the characters you meet in that book, but also the others in the trilogy, include Scott and Tarah.

I hope everyone falls in love with our characters as much as Emily and I have. Since the Habs failed to make the playoffs this year I’m going to be cheering for the boys on the Montreal Magic team to make it all the way!

Angela

Author Bio:

Angela, is a twenty-something Registered Nurse and writer living and working in central Canada. She is a proud Canadian and an even prouder girl from back east. She thoroughly enjoys writing novels featuring character that live in or are from the Maritimes. Angela freely admits to living at starbucks when writing as well as being a bit of a social hermit, when she isn’t busy looking for Mr. Right (or hey even Mr. Wrong) she is working hard on advocating for persons with disabilities.

Author Links:

Email: angela@angelastone.ca
Website:
http://angelastone.ca
Twitter: @angelasstone
Facebook: 
facebook.com/AngelaStone.Writer

Blurb:
Hockey goalie Tarah 'TJ' Elliot is too busy stopping pucks to go looking for love. When her friend Natalie sets her up through Madame Eve's 1 Night Stand service, she grudgingly agrees to go. Her ultimate fantasy comes true when Scott Alarid, one of the top scorers in the league, shows up at her hotel room. Hockey player TJ can't possibly spend a night with him, but Tarah certainly can.

Scott's tired of dealing with women who only like him for his all-star status. After his teammates arrange a date for him using the 1NS website, he's delighted to find a woman who doesn't know a thing about the sport. But, will the truth force them to put their relationship on ice?

Excerpt:

Fuck. What the hell was Scott Alarid doing there? “Hi,” she said, her voice wavering. You sound like a teenager at a boy band concert. Pull it together.
“Hello.”
After three years playing in the ECPHL, she should have been over her nervousness when it came to big time hockey players, but her knees still went weak when she encountered any of the more famous guys. He counted as a star. Super star, actually. Lead scorer, team captain, and potential to end up in the big leagues. She’d wanted to meet him for years. Sure, she’d seen him on the ice during games, but from a distance, and she’d never spoken to him. Of course, he had the worst timing in the world. Her date would be here any minute and she’d have to send him away.
Wait. Natalie was the only one who knew her plans, her friend would never tell anyone about the arrangements for the evening. “What are you doing here?”
“Isn’t this room 1018?” He glanced at the number plate on the door and frowned.
“Yes.” That figured. He didn’t know whose room he’d knocked on. The man probably got confused on his way to meet one of his friends. For a second, she’d thought he might be the guy she’d been set up with. Yeah, because she always got that lucky.
“Then I guess I’m your date for the night.”

Buy links



2 comments:

  1. I would love to read about a hockey player! Definitely reading this one! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry late for the party. I live in Texas and for 5 years I worked for the Dallas Stars. I worked for them when they won the Cup and when they lost it. I don't think that I will ever get the image of Scott Stevens skating the Cup in our arena. I love hockey and hockey stories. Keep writing them and this reader will keep buying them.

    Congratulations on the release ladies.

    Marika

    ReplyDelete