Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Character Interview with Wendi Zwaduk


Please Welcome Wendi Zwaduk to the blog!!!

Today I thought we’d have a chat with one of my favorite heroines, Jude Nelson from When You’re With 

Me. Why is she a favorite? She can balance in stilettos and still look good while doing it. Those who know me know I cannot stand up in heels. No balance.
::In walks Jude, wearing tennis shoes, jeans and a tunic blouse.::
JN: Am I late?
WZ: Nah, right on time. No worries.
JN: Well, then I’ll intro myself and we’ll get on with the interview.

WZ: Perfect!
JN: I’m Jude Nelson and I’m an exotic dancer at the Silver Steel Gentlemen’s Club. It’s not always pretty, but it’s a living. I’m going to school to become an artist—I’m an artist already, but I want to hone my skills...with my clothes on.

WZ: The term exotic dancer does bring to mind the glamourus and yet, you’re in casual wear.

JN: We don’t wear the peel away clothes all the time! We’d freeze. All kidding aside, we look like everyone else. Really.  I only wear the sparkles when I’m on the clock.

WZ: Makes sense. I’d assume you’d get tired of glitter and sequins after a while. Why become an exotic dancer?
JN: I wanted to work hours where I could be at the studio during the early hours and sleep during the day. IT worked out better for my school schedule. I have later classes on three days of the week. Takes a little longer, but the pay makes it worth the longer time. The tips aren’t bad if you use what you’ve got.

WZ: I hear ya. So what’s your ideal man? Or should I say who is your ideal man?
JN: Ideal? Does he really exist?

WZ: True.
JN: My ideal man would be...Jon Hamm. Well, he’d LOOK like Jon Hamm. Debonair, 50’s style. Ready and willing to sweep me off my feet with his dash and good looks. Oh, and he’s got to have a deep voice.

WZ: Sounds dreamy.  What do you want to do once you graduate? You mentioned being in college. What’s your major?
JN: Studio art. I know, not much you can do with it. I kinda like the idea of saving back the money from dancing and just doing street art. Who knows. I might even find a nice guy to be my sugar daddy. Yeah right. I just want to be happy and doing art.

WZ: Sounds like what we’d all like to be doing. I want to thank you for coming by and doing this interview. We can follow your exploits in When You’re With Me, correct?
JN: In the book or Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at the Silver Steel. Thanks!!

Author Bio:
I always dreamed of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I tend to write books with titles taken from songs because music is one of my many muses.

I earned a BA in education at Kent State university and as well as a Masters in Education from Nova Southeastern University. I've tried my hand at teaching, waitressing, and retail sales, but writing holds my heart.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I have more stories than my brain can handle percolating.  I can't wait to share them with you!

http://www.wendizwaduk.com
http://www.wendizwaduk.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
http://twitter.com/#!/WendiZwaduk
http://www.manicreaders.com/WendiZwaduk/

Over My Head:

What happens when two opposites realise they have more in common than expected?
I’m a dancer…and a damn good one. I work at the Silver Steel Gentlemen’s Club. My hard and fast rule? No freebies and no office dating. Except for Slade. Hard, fast, slow, gentle...I don’t care. I’ll take him any way possible. But he’s not that into me.

Or so she thinks. I’m a bouncer at the Silver Steel. Astra doesn’t realise I see her—I can’t help myself. She captivates me every time she’s on the stage. I want her, but I have a...problem. I’m not at the Steel to pick up chicks or even work the room. I’m there to stop the influx of drugs into the community. Yeah, I’m a cop. But if the job means sampling the dancers... Well, as long as I keep my heart out of it, I’ll be fine.
I hope.

Reader Advisory: This book has a kick ass hero, a dancer with all the right moves, hot sex, a little mutual anal play for good measure and mention of drug use.


When You're With Me

A topless dancer and a cynical cop doesn’t equal a lifetime love...or does it?

    There’s more to Jude Nelson than just a sequined thong. She’s got big dreams to become an artist. There’s one tiny wrinkle in her plan—she’ll never forget the bloody image of her friend’s battered body in the dumpster.
   
   Who can a nude dancer turn to for help? Certainly not a hardened undercover cop...

    Detective Drew Alwyn is on the case to find out who murdered his good friend and fellow officer. But the moment he sees Jude, he can’t look away. He has to decide which is more important—his dedication to his job or the girl who holds his bruised and battered heart.
    
   Will these two opposites come together to solve the case or will their desire consume them?


 This story contains scenes of bondage, mentions of drug use by secondary characters, silk, sequins and art supplies used in foreplay, voyeurism and a little spanking for good measure.



Wendi will be giving away a $10 GC to Total-e-Bound to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting Wendi (and Jude!) today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love character interviews! Really helps to get to know the characters. I do need to get this book.
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope you like both books Mel, It helps to read OMH then read WYWM, but I didn't have space to do two character interviews.

    Thanks Carrie-Ann for having me here. This has been a blast. Love doing these interviews. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the character interview. I agree. I'm not sure an ideal man exists. Both these books sound amazing. Can't wait to read them. Thanks for the blog tour.

    Joanne B
    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne, I'm so glad you stopped by. I don't think the perfect or ideal man exists, but then that's why I love to read romance. there he sort of does. And yet, authors are good at showing the little oddities about the hero that makes him endearing. I hope you like the books. :-)

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great read very interesting reading a character interview...thanks and best wishes

    Leigh Savage
    authorleighsavage@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Character interviews are such fun to read and enjoy. So now, where's the striptease? I'm always late to the parties.
    luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice interview. The book sounds good.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks bn100. I'm glad you're interested and enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete