Friday, April 20, 2012

Fresh Friday Reads



What have you been reading this week? Here is a list of books I've bought and/or read this week. It was actually a slow week for me in terms of reading, so help me out and give me a list! LOL


I love me some Marie Harte. This was a novella in a series that I enjoy from her. It was hot and a quick read that was perfect for just sitting an enjoying myself. 

Jericho Dark Walker is Bear, a creature born to assume the forms of man and animal. He's second in command to the mixed group of Shifters living in the Great Forest. For years it's been his dream to see his clan returned to the land of their ancestors. But now that he's back, he's bored out of his mind from too much peace-loving kindness. When an opportunity arrives to represent the clan and oust an evil plaguing the outer reaches of their land, he volunteers to work with the athmae--demons. The alpha's brother has mated an incubus, so Jericho thinks he knows what to expect. But his new partner is as large as a grizzly. No sex demon, but a savvy hunter with the instincts of a true predator.
Jericho can't understand why he's so fascinated with the male when he's only ever felt desire for females. And why, when they rescue an annoying, sexy feline Shifter, do his instincts scream at him to claim her and the demon as his own? Bears don't mate outside their own species, yet everything in Jericho pushes him to do just that.
A cat, a demon, and a bear.  Oh my.


This is an Andrew Grey series that I also really enjoy. Andrew is one of my favorite m/m authors. I really, really liked Joiner and Timothy's story.

Timothy left home when he was eighteen to get away from his reckless mother, but he never stopped visiting his grandfather, who taught him what love was all about. Now that Grampy has passed away, Timothy finds that the old man's legacy is everything Timothy has dreamed of—and more.

Inside the house Timothy loves so much is a cache of coins with historical value… and a mystery, because one of them isn’t supposed to exist. In memory of his grandfather, Timothy sets out to make sure that the mystery and the coins are given their due honor. In his quest to keep the government from confiscating his grandfather’s legacy, he meets Joiner, whose interest in Timothy is as clear and open as Timothy is guarded. There are things about Timothy's life and his past he doesn't want anyone to know, not even the kind man who is helping him with the complications of legal tender.


I've read all of Lori's series, and this was the last one I got to because I read in order of pub date LOL. But this one, by far, is my fav of hers. If her work continues to be good as this, I'm totally going to go and buy some more of her future work!

The tougher they are, the harder they fall…

Professional mercenary Dare Macintosh lives by one hard and fast rule: business should never be personal. If a cause appeals to him and the price is right, he'll take the mission he's offered. But then the lovely Molly Alexander asks him to help her track down the men who'd had her kidnapped—and for the first time, Dare's tempted to combine work with pleasure.

Fiercely independent, Molly vows to trust no one until she's uncovered the truth. Could the enemy be her powerful, estranged father? The ex-fiancĂ© who still holds a grudge? Or the not-so-shy fan of her bestselling novels? As the danger heats up around them, the only anchor Molly has is Dare himself. But what she feels for him just might be the most frightening thing of all…


This is an older work of hers and the first of Diana's I've read. I really, really liked it. I keep looking for more western authors, and I'm so glad someone recommended her. I'm going to be reading the rest of her work. Loved it. This is a sweet book and not so steamy, but I love reading ALL genres.

Sweet, gentle schoolteacher Natalie Brock's life changed forever when handsome rancher Mack Killian branded her with his masterful kisses and gave her a tantalizing taste of true passion. Ever since that first sensual awakening, Natalie knew Mack was the only man for her. Trouble was, the rough-edged loner had sworn off marriage - especially to an innocent rose like her - and told her so on more than one occasion. But Natalie wasn't giving up. For Mack had taught her the best was worth fighting for...and Natalie would not settle for anything less than all his love!

15 comments:

  1. I'm working on edits this week so no reading for me :( These look good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read these on Sunday LOL. I haven't read much this week.

      Delete
  2. I've read the following and OMG! Excellent books.

    That Filthy Book by Lily Harlem and Natalie Dae
    A Little Rough by Lucy Felthouse
    All of You by Rhiann Cahill

    Marika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of those. I'll have to look them up!

      Delete
  3. i read diana palmer novels years ago, shes a good story teller, and all her heroes have lovely hairy chests and big feet

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - the comment about hairy chests cracked me up. But I do love hair on a man's chest. Not pricilla gorilla but a nice amount. LOL

    I'm reading Merlyn's Raven just released by Soul Mate publishing. And I'm reading Beautiful Disaster by Laura Spinella - It's a RITA finalist this year and WOW! Very good. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8701074-beautiful-disaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? I'll have to look those up. I always like hearing about new authors.

      Delete
  5. I just finished JR Ward's Lover Reborn. It's her best yet. If you want an example of conflict and emotion, you should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've reading up on everything and anything I can get my hands on about the Titanic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read any books lately been too busy working on 2 WIPs at the same time. But the 3 you have up look mighty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll be trying out Andrew Grey's book soon. I've already read When You Dare and liked it. I'm actually always on the lookout for new things to read. So, love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great selection. My reading time seems to be in short supply at present since I'm doing a boot camp. I do have a stack of non-fiction books I need to attack for research.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm stuck in editing as well. I'm really starting to miss reading. lol

    I do have the new Devon Monk book that I can't wait to read. Also, the new Lisa Shearin book will be out soon. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to try a Marie Harte book. I've been a slow reader lately but I am reading Afterlife by Joey w. Hill.

    ReplyDelete