Friday, June 15, 2012

Fresh Friday Reads: Werewolves and Old Time Cowboys


It's Friday!!! Whoot! This week, between edits, new WIPs, and the lack of major releases from authors I follow, I don't have a huge list for you. I only got ONE book on Tuesday. *gasp* But I did read a few more from new-to-me authors. Here's the new one, plus book 1 from each of the "new" series I tried.


Tell me, what have you read this week? I love hearing from you. The more you tell me, the more I read! And the more I read, the more likely it will end up on this list for others to read. Get the picture? Help an author out! Read a book!


Wolf Line - Vivian Arend

So I love Vivian Arend. She's on my auto buy list. This time we got to go back to her Granite Lake Wolves for this 5th installment. She also has a spin-off of this series already out so I'm happy. This book was a bit confusing for me because Amazon's formatting lost all the spaces between POV changes. But other than that, I LOVED it. Still a 5-star! The hero was so cute and worthy. The heroine was strong and totally stood by her hero. Very sexy and very cute. Love it.

Into the best-laid plans a little chaos must fall…

Jared’s not sure how his quiet morning coffee near the harbour ended with him on a cruise ship impersonating one of his pack mates. Well, it might have something to do with a woman, but who can blame him? The female of the species was made to love, and he’s more than willing to share his considerable skills in that area. Especially since he figures the chances of meeting his own one-and-only are slim.

Keri Smith is positive the last-minute recruit sneaking aboard the Arctic Wolf Cruise Lines tour is her mate. Ix-nay on confirming that, though, at least for the next ten days. She’s promised her best friend to be overall troubleshooter for the shifter-only cruise. Getting tangled up in mating lust would reduce her skills to nil. Avoidance of the sexy wolf for the duration of the cruise, followed by jumping his bones, seems the logical solution.

But when libidos are on the line, “logic” and “wolves” don’t go together. Throw in suspicions of wrongdoing, and these two virtual strangers will need a lot more than luck to find their way through to forever.

Warning: Really? You need to be warned about the hot nookie and sarcasm? Yeah, it’s in here. Also colourful cat shifters, lupine royalty, and wild adventures in cabins like you’ve never seen before.

Welcome to Harmony - Jodi Thomas

Okay, so this was not my normal book. It's more of a series about a town that goes in about 8 POVs that are easy to follow. There is romance, love, happiness, and some suspense. But no sex. You heard me. No. Sex. And I'm okay with that LOL. I was having a HORRIBLE beginning of the week and this four book series helped me out. I'd try it if you're looking for a sweet Women's Fiction series.

Sixteen-year-old runaway Reagan has always wanted a place to belong. She's never had a real home of her own, but perhaps she could borrow someone else's. Under an assumed name and identity, she moves to Harmony, Texas, but keeps her distance from the welcoming townsfolk. Until prairie fires threaten Harmony-and Reagan learns the true meaning of family, friends, and home.


Rachel and the Hired Gun - Elaine Levine

I'm glad I listed to Moria Rogers and tried out this author! And old time western romance that was intriguing. Very, very good! I'm going to want to read more from this author.

When Rachel Douglas left her aunt's house in Virginia for the wilds of the Dakota Territory, she knew the journey would be long and arduous. But she didn't realize that she had been summoned west to be used as a pawn in a ranch war with her father's neighbor—or that her fierce, sudden attraction to Sager, her father's hired gun, would put her heart and her life in jeopardy.

Seducing Rachel and feeding a bitter feud between the two ranches was Sager's plan of vengeance against those who slaughtered his Shoshone family. Instead, Rachel's guileless mix of courage and vulnerability touches the conscience he thought he'd buried long ago, and draws them both into a passion without rules, without limits—one that will change their destinies forever.


So tell me, what have you read this week? What do you want to read? What should I read? Talk to me! I love hearing from you!!

Head on over to Lia Davis's to see what she's reading!

17 comments:

  1. This week I also read Wolf Lines, Love Vivian. I read the Love Bites Anthology, with Lori Foster, Catherine Mann, Virna DePaul and others, all those great authors, but not a good as I expected,and Hot Secrets, Lisa Renee Jones, romantic suspense, it was a nice short. I am currently reading Katie Reus' No One To Trust, I like it, but it's the first book in a series and yet I feel like I missed a story in a previous book, What are you looking forward to next week? I still have a huge TBR pile I need to work through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh Katie Reus? I'll have to check her out! I still have a huge TBR of books by new authors for me but next week in terms of new releases I have some Andrew Grey, Leia Shaw, Marie Harte, Cat Johnson, Shayla Black, Dana Marie Bell....and more LOL

      Delete
  2. I wish I was reading something right now! I'm so focused on writing I've put reading aside for the moment, except for shorties. I'm picking up Bloodwine this weekend, by Cera du Bois. Not my normal read (paranormal rather than historical), but the name is intriguing. So many books, so little time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cut back, Jenna. But if I can't read then I don't want to write. For me, if I can't do something that I love about this business, then it's not worth it. LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm doing more writing than reading this week. These sound good though. TBR keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kelly, I hope you find something you like!

      Delete
  4. I'm rarely reading anything - except critiques or rewrites, but it's always fun to see what the rest of the world is reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Daryl - find some time to sit and read if you can. It makes a day better.

      Delete
  5. I'm reading the debut novel VENGEANGE BORN by Kylie Griffin. I read it three years ago as an unpublished manuscript in a contest. The rest of the story is living up to those first 25 pages that I read. I HIGHLY recommend this series from Berkeley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't know Kylie. I'll have to look her up.

      Delete
  6. I've recently started making myself read at least one book a week and post a review on my blog. So far so good. I just finished Dire Needs by Stephanie Tyler.

    I was just rummaging around my tbr pile to see what's next. I wish I had more time to read!

    It's always fun seeing what others are reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Stacey!!! I haven't read Dire Needs, I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  7. I read Bianca D'Arc and Lisa Renee Jones. Loved these two new to me authors. I am also waiting for Jeaniene Frost's book Once Burned to come out. Also absolutely love Vivian Arend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read them both, very very nice. And Once Burned is a pre-order for me. I can't freaking wait. Spade is one of my absolute favorite heroes of all time, so I'm excited to read about Vlad. And who doesn't love Vivian Arend???

      Delete
  8. I read Rachel and the hired gun when it came out and I've read lots of Jodi Thomas. Right now I'm reading A Cowboy to Keep. But I'm a little partial to westerns since that's what I write. Of course I have to limit myself or I'd never get any writing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see we have similar tastes! I read just about everything LOL

      Delete
  9. Those are some great books. I've not read them but will be sure to check them out.

    ReplyDelete