Welcome to Manic Monday Updates!!! I'm super busy and loving it as always LOL. Each week, I give you a little slice of what I've been up to, but I swear I just do it so I get to keep my OCDness organized. I'm writing and editing up a storm so I hope y'all get to read my books!
Also, I know I posted it on Facebook and Twitter so most--if not all--of you know, but I quit my job. Yep, as of July 18th, I won't be a Chemistry Professor anymore. I think that's the most dramatic update ever.
When I started writing--back in JULY--I never thought I'd be doing this. I thought that it would be nice to finally write down these stories in my head. I'd only been reading romance for TWO years by then. I didn't know what I wanted to do, but apparently my Muse did.
I wasn't happy anymore in my job. I know that now. I was going through the motions, loving working with students who cared and tried. But those were becoming few and far between. I graduated college at 17 and am 26 now. Only 9 years of graduate school and teaching full time...and I'm jaded I guess.
I want those happy endings...and I didn't get it teaching. And I think that depresses me more than I'd like to admit. I will always be a chemist and a teacher. I help my writing friends with new things I've learned to help them. I help my family members and friends with teaching.
My mother, who after 20 years doing one thing, changed her career to be a teacher recently--ironically. She's been teaching k-2. But this year she'll be teaching the third grade and I get to help her with the science.
And that's how I know I'll be okay. Because I get to live the dream I didn't know I had. I get to write, tell stories, find characters I love. But then I get to still touch base on the sciences that made me who I am today.
I'm no longer the blonde girl with the PhD and a decade younger than her friends. Now I'm an author. A storyteller.
And I'm happy.
And this update wasn't supposed to be me rambling...but you know how it goes. Oh! And I have pink hair. Apparently when I go for life changes I don't do it halfway.
- Just got NEW swag for Dust of My Wings!!! So excited! I'm thinking about how to do giveaways for y'all.
- A new cover and graphics are coming.
- My publishing company, Fated Desires, also does graphics. So if y'all need promo goodies, banners, website graphics...and more, let us know!
- Edits for Dust of My Wings are almost done then off the the Line Editor! This story is just getting better and better.
- Charmed Spirits (Holiday Montana, Book 1). I'm almost midway through and hope to be through in the next two weeks or so with the draft. Its only a 30k novel, so it won't take as long as the others. Matt and Jordan are sooo much fun! This series is a blast and I can't wait for y'all to meet them!
- Enforcer's Redemption (Redwood Pack 4). OMG. I started writing the first chapter and sobbed. SOBBED. I'll be okay, but I know how much you guys love Adam so I want this to be amazing. I hope I can live up to it.
- I've joined Pinterest and made boards for each of my books and series. Come on over and tell me what you think. Each board for each book has their characters, covers, and key moments in the book that will help you picture my world.