Friday, July 13, 2012

Fresh Friday Reads: Divinities, Dragons and Alpha Wolves



Happy Friday the 13th! I'm busy writing, but when I'm winding down I got a chance to read a few books. Tell me what you've read!

Forgotten Visions - Lia Davis


So this is my BFF's first book in her Divinities series so I'm going to gush a bit. I love her and her work.


There. I said it.


But onto the book. I had no idea what to expect when I first read it, but I'm glad I did. Kalissa is so heartwarming and strong, I wanted to be her. And Ayden is dreamy. He's strong, caring, and damn sexy.


The world building rocked and I wanted to know more about their world. Thankfully this is a series and I get to know more!!!

Kalissa Bradenton isn’t your average coffee shop owner. Born to an elite witch bloodline with a rare genetic mutation, she’s a Divinity on a mission. The death of her parents sends her away from her Maxville, Florida, home and into an ancient war between witches and demons. When childhood friend Ayden Daniels comes to her aid after an almost fatal accident, visions of a past she doesn’t remember sparks an old flame and new desires. With the past slowly becoming clearer, she eagerly sets her sights on mending Ayden’s heart and gaining his trust–until a ghost from her past returns to claim her as his demonic mate.

Ayden, the new Sheriff of Maxville and grandson of the oldest living Divinity, is investigating a series of Divinity killings. When he comes face-to-face with the one woman he hopes to have little to no contact with, old pain rises, quickly followed by anger and resentment. Through his rare power of adaptability, he learns actions from the past may not be what they seem. Hope fills his broken heart and determination pushes him to do whatever it takes to win Kalissa’s heart once more before he loses her forever.

Together they must find the strength to mend their tormented souls, while fighting an evil out to destroy the world.


Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison


I had no idea what I had been missing when I picked this up. Thank you for the recs people! Thea rocks. This dragon was freaking hot. I love the Wyr!!! I read this entire series so quickly I think I just about passed out from lack of sleep LOL. 

Half-human and half-Wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the Wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful—and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul.


Lonely Alpha - Ranae Rose


Yay! I finally got to read Ranae! This book was so cute and I'm glad I got to read the sequel right away!!! Jack is so cute and cuddly--for an Alpha who can kick butt, and Mandy was hilarious! I can't wait for book 3!


When Mandy leaves the city behind and embarks on a retreat to the Great Smoky Mountains, she expects to spend the week alone with nature and a stack of novels. Instead, she ends up trapped on a remote mountain by a big game hunter who’s hell-bent on bagging a werewolf. Lonely alpha wolf-shifter Jack, the last of the once-strong Half Moon Pack, is his target. Jack is determined to keep Mandy safe while hunting his hunter, but being around Jack brings out a wild side Mandy never knew she had. As silver bullets fly, so do sparks. If they can manage to defeat their attacker, Mandy will still have one problem to contend with: Jack is convinced that she’s his mate.





13 comments:

  1. This week I read an Arc of Laura Wright's Eternal Beast, Awesome!, Her Marine, by Heather Long a 1NS story, quite good, Visions Of Chains, Regan Hastings (AKA Maureen Childs)third book in the Awakening series, really good ans The Geek Job Eve Langlais, I just LOVE anything Eve writes, she cracks me up!
    These are my recs for the week, ooh and the Geek Job is free at ARe til tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Laura is on my TBR b/c of you LOL. I'll have to look at the rest. You and I have such similar taste! LOL

      Delete
  2. Love renae's books and lia's books. Have not read any of thea's. Loved loney alpha. This week I have devoured paige tylers bagde bunny series, read the first 4 books and loved them.also reread the 50 shades of grey trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Page Tyler? I'll have to look into her. And I'm so happy you love Lia and Ranae!

      Delete
  3. Love renae's books and lia's books. Have not read any of thea's. Loved loney alpha. This week I have devoured paige tylers bagde bunny series, read the first 4 books and loved them.also reread the 50 shades of grey trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books look awesome!! Thanks for sharing :) Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! Hope you get to read them!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like 3 good reads - hmm - someone should set up a website with that name - goodreads - hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thea's cover rocks! I love, Lia! Hope she sells a million.

    This week I'm reading a couple of fellow author's stories for review. Hollywood Ever After by Sasha Summers is a romantic story with lots of drama. It deals with a very heavy issue - domestic violence.

    I'm also reading Cheeky Blond by Liz Crowe. Both stories are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thea's cover does rock! And I'm with you there, Lia deserves to sell a million! Oh and nice books!

      Delete
  7. Very awesome reads. Love Thea Harrison. I've got Lia and Ranae's books on my read very soon list! Great choices

    ReplyDelete