Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday Tales: An Interview with Sandra Bunino




Hi! Thanks so much for coming today. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Thanks for having me on Romance with a Bite, Carrie!
So, a little about me…I’m a contemporary erotic romance writer with a pretty shoes habit which my book royalties don’t yet cover. My alter ego is an Accountant turned Human Resource professional. The proceeds 
keep my closet well stocked.

Tell us a bit about your book.

LUSTED IN LAS VEGAS continues Jason and Stephanie’s super sexy soiree. This time they’re in Sin City, baby! LUSTED is the sequel to MAROONED IN MIAMI, however, it’s not necessary to read MAROONED to enjoy LUSTED (but I would love it if you did…you’ll love it!).

Is this part of a series?

Both MAROONED IN MIAMI and LUSTED IN LAS VEGAS are included in my Sensual Short Stories series.

What was your favorite part?

My favorite part of LUSTED IN LAS VEGAS has to be the cabana scene. It’s really the turning point in Jay and Stef’s relationship.

Why did you choose to write romance?

I’m an avid romance reader. I simply write stories I would want to read.

Do you ever have any conversations in your head with your characters? If so, can you give us a hint of what you might talk about?

Yes, and my DH thinks I’m nuts!! It’s usually a character whose story hasn’t been written yet. It’s like they’re waiting in line and some are more persistent than others. Currently, I have a sexy pirate giving me his bedroom eyes saying, “I’m next, right?” *waggles eyebrows*

Rate your story in terms of steaminess 

I rate LUSTED IN LAS VEGAS 4 pomegranate martinis, sugar rimmed, of course!

What are you reading right now?

I’m reading Alexandra O’Hurley’s Park and Ride. It’s a fast moving, sweet and sexy erotic romance. I highly recommend!

I know this is like asking who is your favorite child, who is your favorite romance author (s)?

Wow, I really can’t answer this! *skimming through my Kindle app titles* There are SO many and like all authors, I read a lot. Lately, I’ve been a fan of shorter novella length stories. I read mostly contemporary romance and I’m a big fan of Cara McKenna’s beautiful writing and Lynda Chance’s Alpha heroes. I just read a very hot book from Joey W. Hill called Hostile Takeover. It was the fifth in a series but the first of hers I read.

What is your favorite romance book or series?

Even though I love short contemporary romance, my all-time favorite is a big, fat time travel historical entitled Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It is a series, although I still think the first book is the best by far!

Who is your favorite romance character? If you could go on a date with that person, what would you do? Details please! *wink*

I’ll go with Jamie Frasier, the 18th century, wild, red-headed hero of Outlander. But only if he wears his clan tartan kilt on the date. I would first parade him around town because he would create such a stir. Then I would probably introduce him to a single girlfriend because I’m married. ;-)

Boxers or Briefs?

Boxers, definitely!

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Tough one, especially since I’m a sweets girl. I love ‘em both but if I had to choose, I would go with vanilla (with fresh strawberries, kiwi and slivered almonds).

Do you have a special piece of clothing you wear when you write?

Although it’s not a piece of clothing, I usually write with my maltipoo, Coco, on my lap. Not by choice, he just jumps on my lap and curls up while I’m writing.

What is next for you?

I’m so excited about my next project! I’m writing a series called The Satin Rose Experience. The introduction to the “BDSM-lite” series was published in Evernight Publishing’s KEYBOARDS AND KINK Anthology in June. I contracted Book One: MIA’S SUBMISSION with Evernight for a late summer release. Books Two and Three are also in the works!


What were your first impressions of each other?

Stephanie’s answer:
Here’s my first impression of Jason right before we boarded the elevator in the Miami hotel (from Marooned in Miami):
She turned to see the source of those words that washed over her like a slow moving current. There he stood, his eyebrows raised waiting for an answer to his question, lips curled to showcase his straight white teeth. He seemed to have appeared out of nowhere; surely she would have noticed him in the lobby. A day’s growth of dark stubble covered his chiseled cheekbones below dangerous blue eyes. Stephanie’s heart raced involuntarily, as she imagined her fingers combing through his dark wavy hair. Stop it, she thought as she shook her head slightly hoping it would rid her mind of these visions.

What are your favorite parts about each other?

Jason’s answer:
My favorite part of Stephanie? I think this excerpt from Marooned says it all:
He decided to swear off women for a while but Jason was always a sucker for heels.  So he was easily distracted from the conversation he was having with Carlos when he heard the low clicking of her heels walking through the lobby.  From his barstool, he first spotted those sexy black stilettos. His eyes wandered up her toned calves to her tight linen skirt.  Since she was facing the elevator he was able to leisurely admire the way her skirt hugged her tight ass.

What’s next for you?

*Jason turns to Stephanie and tugs a lock of her hair* “What’s next, Stef?”
*Stephanie smiles*  “I’ve always wanted to go to Monte Carlo.”
“Your wish is my command. I’ll have the jet fueled up.”

Giveaway: A copy of MAROONED IN MIAMI
Question for comments: Miami or Las Vegas? Which city would you like to visit?

Bio:
Sandra Bunino began a love of romance stories while penning a creative writing assignment in high school. The story ended with the heroine receiving a long stem red rose in her locker on Valentine’s Day. Since then, all of her stories feature the hero presenting the heroine with roses. Sandra is constantly searching for different ways to achieve a heart-pumping, stomach-flipping, breath-catching reaction from her readers.
These days, Sandra lives on a wooded mountaintop not far from New York City with her family.
Connect with Sandra here:

Website

Email: sbunino (at) gmail (dot) com

Facebook

Goodreads

Amazon Author Page

Twitter @sandrabunino
Remember, following is sexy!
 Blurb:

Lusted in Las Vegas picks up where Marooned in Miami left off while Stephanie and Jason’s sexy tryst continues in Sin City! Their chemistry is undeniable and their lust just may take a turn toward love when they return to each other’s arms. However, all is not perfect in paradise when Jason’s ex comes to town and wants what she believes is rightfully hers.

Jason’s not the only one with something to hide. Stephanie carries a secret of her own. Can she spend a carefree weekend with Jason without risking a broken heart? Or do her feelings for Jason run too deep to simply walk away?

Excerpt:

She pulled away from his embrace and ducked under the pool’s surface. Stephanie was a natural swimmer. She swam the length of the pool without taking a breath. When she resurfaced at the opposite end of the pool, she turned and placed her elbows on the pool’s edge. She eyed Jason who was not looking at her face.  His gaze was fixed a few inches to the south. She looked down at her pebbled nipples clinging to her bikini top. Touching her fingertips to her neck, she traced the line of water droplets down to the valley between her breasts.
“Do you swim, Jay?” she teased.
Jason gave her an evil smile, slowly lowered himself under the water and swam toward her. When he reached her, he circled his hands around her waist and gave the little bows tied at her hips a gentle tug. Her black bikini bottoms slipped off as his head broke the surface and they were suddenly face-to-face.
“You won’t need these where we’re going. Oh and this either.” He reached behind her and pulled the string tied at her back. In a split second she was nude in his swimming pool. He turned her around so that her back was against his chest. He nibbled on her ear and neck as his fingers rolled her pointed nipples to soft peaks. She leaned her head against his shoulder and tilted her head to kiss him. As his lips lowered to hers she giggled and spun so that they were facing each other.
“Well, if my bathing suit is not required than neither is yours.”
Stephanie placed her hands on his cool wet chest and lowered herself down until her head was under the water. Her hands traveled down his chest to the waistband of his trunks and swiftly pulled them off. She popped her head up from the water’s surface and dropped his suit next to hers on the pool deck. She laughed and wrapped her hands around his neck. He easily lifted her and guided her long legs to encircle his body. Stephanie kissed his cool wet mouth. The sweet taste of pineapple lingered on her lips as her tongue entangled with his.
“To your grotto, madam.”
Stephanie giggled as he carried her to the entrance of the grotto.  With a whoop of childlike glee, she lifted her hands high when he paused under the waterfall. The cool water splashed through her fingers and over her head. Jason loosened his grasp and allowed her body to slide down his until his feet hit the floor. He swiftly spun her around, covering her eyes with his hands. The exhilarating cool water flowed through her hair and over her shoulders. He nudged her beyond the waterfall and all was suddenly quiet except for the splash of the never-ending flow of water from the fall. Uncovering her eyes, she scanned the enchanted grotto.
Directly in front of them was a natural rock staircase leading up several feet to a bubbling, steam covered hot tub. Lush, tropical greenery grew throughout the grotto interspersed with brightly colored flowers. Glancing up, Stephanie found the light source, a glass covered skylight above her head. Only Jason Royce would have a skylight in his grotto. She smirked and shook her head.
“This isn’t what you expected?”
“Not at all, I just figured it was a little private alcove of the pool. Never did I expect to see a beautiful garden.”
Jason led Stephanie to the stairs leading to the hot tub.
“After you,” he said as he gestured for her to climb the stairs.
“Uh-huh. You just want a view from behind, don’t you,” Stephanie said with a wink as she began her ascent.
“You bet your sweet ass, darling,” he chuckled.





9 comments:

  1. Great interview and excerpt! I've been to Vegas but I was a kid with my parents. No fun! So, between Miami and Vegas, I would pick Vegas.

    Michelle V
    romanceinreview AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegas is better w/o parents! Thanks for your continued support, Michelle!

      Delete
  2. Awesome interview and loved the excerpt! I've been to Miami and Vegas. I guess if I was going to revisit either of the two I'd say Miami lol

    Carrie
    dyslexicsquirel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I do love Miami! My favorite things about the city are South Beach's restaurants and people watching. Yum and fun!

      Delete
  3. Loves the interview. And loved the pic on Facebook hot hot hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The Marooned cover does get a lot of attention! Thanks for stopping by, Meghan!

      Delete
  4. Great interview. And yes, the pix on FB was HOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cara! *waves* Thanks for the SWEET comment, sweets.

      Delete
  5. I guess i would go to Miami, I have never been to either place. :( so naturally I'm just gonna have to live thru these characters. Lol the interview was great and the covers hot!!

    ReplyDelete