Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Writer Wednesday: Ella Jade



Hi! Thanks so much for coming today. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Thanks so much for having me.
My name is Ella Jade and I’m an erotic, contemporary romance author. I’ve been writing all of my life. The plots and dialog have always played out in my head, but I never knew what to do with them. That all changed when I discovered the eBooks industry.
I reside in NJ with my husband and two boys. I’m a full-time writer and stay at home mom. I’m also the VP of the PTO… I know, right? lol

Tell us a bit about your book.
Make Me Stay is a BDSM romance. It’s a story of second chances and finding a way to make the crazy work.

Here’s the blurb…
Can the sub teach the Dom to play?
Natural submissive Gracie Miller thought she had found her other half in Cade Jameson. Not only did he help her through a difficult time in her life, in the bedroom he brought her more pleasure than she could have ever imagined. They seemed perfect for each other.

Cade knew what he wanted in the bedroom. Gracie brought out his domineering side and ignited his passion. But he feared he was too dominant for this beautiful, naïve girl, who was so young and impressionable, so he ended their relationship.

Two and a half years later, Gracie returns to town a new woman. She had moved to the city and found a "Master" who showed her what she was truly capable of. Now she's back and wants to show Cade exactly what kind of submissive she could be for him.

But after hearing all that she's experienced, Cade now wonders if he's dominant enough to satisfy her. Can he be the man Gracie needs him to be?
Content Warning: graphic sex, BDSM themes
http://beachwalkpress.com/make-me-stay/

Is this part of a series?

Yes, I’m working on the second book now. It’s called Surrender to Me and will feature a character we meet in Make Me Stay.

What did you find the hardest part of writing it to be?


Believe it or not, the hardest part is writing the steamy scenes. Isn’t that strange coming from an erotic fiction author? I often leave those scenes until the end of the chapter. I like to get all the emotion and dialog written first before jumping into bed with my characters.

What was your favorite part?
The emotional connection between Cade and Gracie was my favorite part to write. These two have history 
and I liked bring that into the present.

Rate your story in terms of steaminess

 5 – Bring plenty of Tequila because this enchilada is hawt!

Who is your favorite romance author?
Nora Roberts

What is your favorite romance book or series?

Ms. Roberts has so many that I adore but one of my faves is the Stanislaski Series.

Boxers or Briefs?

Boxers

What is next for you?

I’m finishing up Surrender to Me as far as WIP’s. I have two novels releasing in September and November.

What were your first impressions of each other?

Gracie – I thought Cade was the sexiest man I’d ever seen. He was dominant to the very core and I loved that about him even if he didn’t want me to.

Cade – I thought Gracie was far too young and innocent for me. She proved me wrong on so many levels. She was always meant for me. I’m glad she knew it.


What are your favorite parts about each other?

Gracie – How much Cade loves and wants to protect me. He would do anything for me. He has the biggest 
heart.

Cade – Gracie’s trust in me leaves me speechless. She never doubts my plans for us and she loves me unconditionally.

What’s next for you?

Thanks to Ella, we live happily ever after and make an appearance in Surrender to Me.





GIVEAWAY

I’d love to give away an eBook copy of Make Me Stay. So, if I’ve piqued your interest with Cade and Gracie, please leave me a comment and I’ll chose one commenter to receive my newest novella.
Thanks so much. I love making new friends so come connect with me at http://ellajadeauthor.weebly.com/
Ella
Get Lost in my words…



15 comments:

  1. You definetly have my interest with Cade & Gracie! Sounds like a great read. I love the strong male, that still doubts himself!
    modularmates(at0comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LM. Cade is very dominant but he's flawed so that makes for a loveable hero;)

      Delete
  2. My interest is more than piqued. This is on my TBR list. Will read as soon as budget allows.

    Wolphcall(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa. I'm thrilled you're interested in Make Me Stay.

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Hopewelshwrites@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first two and loved them, well how can you not love Lucas and Alec. Thx for giveaway, I'm really excited to read about Cade.

    blinkysthebest at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lona. I'm thrilled you liked Lucas and Alec. Cade is just as hot;)

      Delete
  5. The book sounds good. I like second chance stories.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by;) I love writing about second chances. So much history involved.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the new release. This book sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read more about Cade and Gracie.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Cade and Gracie are such a sweet couple;)

      Delete
  7. Wow--that sounds like a great story, Ella! Cade and Gracie sound like they've come a long way :) And maybe that now's the right timing for the two of them...

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they have come a long way. I enjoyed telling their story!

      Delete
  8. Just popping in to say thanks to all who left a comment. A special thanks to Carrie Ann for having me on the blog. I did a random drawing and the winner of Make Me Stay is Joanne! I'll email you shortly. Thanks again! I hope you'll get lost in my words...

    ReplyDelete