Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Tales: Character Destiny with Marie Rose Dufour



Fated Mates: Are your characters destined to be together?

First off, I would like to give a huge thank you to Carrie Ann Ryan for even considering giving little old me time on her blog. It is an honor and I’m quite giddy about it. I’m fairly new to the writing scene. This month is actually my one-year anniversary of being published. My first novella, Fated Mates, was released last September from Secret Cravings Publishing. So when I saw one of the suggested topics for a blog post was fated mates, I knew it was meant to be.

I am a huge believer in fated mates, especially in romance. I know you’re all shocked that a romance writer believes in fated mates. Pardon the pun, but I find the whole idea romantic and if I can’t write about things I find romantic, why write anyway? The couples in my books are in some way always fated to be together whether it’s overtly stated or not. Sometimes, as in life, the road is direct and other times it’s all twisty and takes a while to get to your destination but they’re always meant to be. In the book, Fated Mates, Dragon crossed the universe to be untied with his mate, Liz. Dragon is such a wonderful character, a war veteran, physically and psychologically scarred who never believed there was someone out there meant for him. Their story is special in my heart because Dragon visited in my dreams for years before I ever had the courage to write his story down. Once I did, it was as if a floodgate opened and my characters haven’t left me alone since then.

Kim and Aidan, in Irish Rising, met on a rainy street in Ireland in front of his pub and their attraction is explosive right from the beginning. For them, is it too much, too soon or do they have the foundation for their love to last.

In Saddle Up, Devin falls in love with his best friend’s sister from a picture in a wallet. It takes an accident two years later to get him and Tasha together. Despite their age differences, Devin never waivers in his conviction that they are meant to be together.



What are you feelings concerning fated mates? One lucky commenter will win a copy of one of my books and a ten dollar gift card to Amazon.com.

Marie Rose Dufour Bio

We know that we are no longer alone in the universe. Descendants of Earthly ancestors have returned to find the other halves of themselves, their destined mates.

Dragon, a scarred Serralian warrior drawn to the planet of his ancestors, never believed the Goddess had a mate for him but no matter what he believes, he’s unable to resist the pull of the planet deep within in soul.

Liz, a curvy teacher who escaped an abusive marriage three years earlier is afraid to take another chance on love. Tired of being a bystander in her own love life, she participates in an ancient ritual to identify Serralian mates. Taking that chance changes her life forever. Can these two people overcome their pasts to become each other’s true Fated Mates?

TITLE: Saddle Up
GENRE: Cowboy/Cougar Erotic Romance
WHERE TO BUY THE BOOKS ON LINE
Secret Cravings Publishing: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=300

Blurb: Tasha Lane never realized how boring her life had become until one phone call in the middle of the night totally changed it. Can this forty-two year old accountant put aside a nine-year age gap and perpetual “foot in mouth” disorder to find love and happiness with an ex-rodeo star turned rancher?

Three years ago, Devin Grant traded the rodeo circuit for a cattle ranch. If someone told him, he would fall in love with a woman he’d never physically met, he’d think they were kicked too many times in the head by a bull. When her brother is thrown from his horse, it was finally time to meet the sexy woman of his dreams and convince her, he was worth taking a chance on.

Can he convince her before she goes back to her boring life? Will she be able to overcome their age difference and her own insecurities?


TITLE: Irish Rising
GENRE: Contemporary
WHERE TO BUTY THE BOOKS ON LINE


Blurb:  Famous romance writer, Kim Green went to Ireland with her two cousins to research the setting of her new book and have some quality girl bonding fun. She’s in the business of writing about love. She didn’t expect it find her on the street in a sleep Irish town with a sexy, “I want to drown in your chocolate eyes” pub owner.

Duncan Murphy never believed in the old family legend. The idea a trapped mermaid granted his family the ability to recognize their one true love was absurd to him until he spots a sexy American across the street from his pub. Something deep within him recognized her as his other half

They’re drawn together in an explosive first encounter. Life is blissful until a misunderstanding threatens to tear them apart. Is their fragile newfound romance something legends are made of or the misguided belief in an ancient fantasy?

TITLE: Fated Mates
GENRE: Sci-Fi
WHERE TO BUY THE BOOKS ONLINE:

Blurb:
We know that we are no longer alone in the universe. Descendants of Earthly ancestors have returned to find the other halves of themselves, their destined mates.

Dragon, a scarred Serralian warrior drawn to the planet of his ancestors, never believed the Goddess had a mate for him but no matter what he believes, he’s unable to resist the pull of the planet deep within in soul.

Liz, a curvy teacher who escaped an abusive marriage three years earlier is afraid to take another chance on love. Tired of being a bystander in her own love life, she participates in an ancient ritual to identify Serralian mates. Taking that chance changes her life forever. Can these two people overcome their pasts to become each other’s true Fated Mates?




12 comments:

  1. I love the idea of fated mates. I think you can fall in love with anyone, but a true comnection between souls is with a soul mate.

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    Megan G.
    Megonski216(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great sounding books! I want to read them all! I just dont know which to start with! lol I like books with fated mates. I love the connection, especially when theres fireworks and the characters fight it the entire time. Its fun reading about the way fate works and who he/she pairs them with. :D Thanks for sharing!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the idea of two people destined for each other. It's how they reach a happy conclusion that is fabulous.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these books. If you haven't read Marie's books, I'd highly recommend them.
    I've always believed in fate mates. :)The hubby and I met by chance at work and we lived in two different states 200 miles apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie! Hi Marie! Marie Rose Dufour is a new author to me, but after reading the book blurbs, she is going on my to-read list for sure! I love the idea of fated mates. The main reason I read romance is for the HEA and having a pair of fated mates cements the HEA of the story, even if one or both characters try everything to resist the pull. Thanks for the post and for the awesome giveaway!
    ehaney578 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fated mates... that's the main reason I love reading shifter romances, their fated mates. I think it is love in it's purest form.

    All of your books sound awesome! You are a new to me author and I can't wait to start reading your books! Thanks for sharing and for the awesome giveaway.
    slinkydennis@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fated mates. I love the idea of fate choosing that one person for you. Makes their love so perfect, because I know the HEA will stick.

    smurfettev AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of fated mates, where there's someone out there who is your other half, your soul mate. Your books sound fantastic. I put them on the wishlist.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fated mates is one of my favorite storylines. There are several ways for it to work but in the end you know they are going to get their HEA. Marie's a new author for me and I'm looking forward to reading her books!

    suz2(at)cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like reading about fated mates.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the fated mates idea is pretty romantic too, and I HAVE noticed that as a theme in your books. That's one of the reasons I love to read them! Keep 'em coming, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all,
    Thanks for all the comments. According to Random.org, the winner of the $10 GC to Amazon and copy of one of my books is Rhonda D. I will email you to find out your address and which book you would like. Thanks again for participating.

    MRD

    ReplyDelete