Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday Tales: Krystal Shannon



Hi! Thanks so much for coming today. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Hi my name is Krystal Shannan and I’m a romance writer. I’ve been struggling with this condition for over ten years. It’s a constant battle of wills between the characters in my head and my own consciousness. *Giggle* I do hope to start winning the war, now that my first novella is published. Perhaps a few characters will cease their caterwauling.

The constant plotting while sleeping is literally driving my husband crazy. Yes, I talk in my sleep and apparently the conversations sometimes get a little racy. *Smirk* I know he enjoys it more than he lets on.

I am a happily married woman for nine years. With a fabulous husband who is gung ho for me to be successful with my writing. We have the most beautiful baby on the planet that is two and a half years old. 
Wow! She keeps us hopping.

I teach elementary music at an elementary school. *evil laugh* Well somebody has to get paid to sing and dance with your children, why not me?

Tell us a bit about your book.

OPEN HOUSE was developed by one of my muses – code named Aphrodite. She came to me one day and proceeded to tell me all about her millennia old job of joining soul mates, where she kept them, etc. She started telling me about all these couples that she had helped find true love with their soul mate and then she proceeded to tell me about all the drama in her own life and how the gods are all jealous of her because she is so important to humanity. I instantly knew this would be a fabulous series and the Pool of Souls Series was born. OPEN HOUSE is the first of several Pool of Souls books.

Is this part of a series?

Yes, I thought it was going to be a trilogy at first, but since then Aphrodite has shared more and we are leaning toward … I have no earthly idea at this moment. The goddess is very bossy.

What was your favorite part?

My favorite part is the first love scene between Robert and Rebecca where he *Ahem* has her for dinner.

Why did you choose to write romance?

I LOVE Happily Ever Afters! If a book isn’t about a budding relationship, I lose interest. I’m sorry, I know there are fabulous books out there that aren’t romance, but they are not at the top of my TBR list.

Do you ever have any conversations in your head with your characters? If so, can you give us a hint of what you might talk about?

Ummmmm…. Yes, I do talk to them, eavesdrop on them, and every once in a while slap them around when they go off on a tangent. That actually just happened with a couple in my latest WIP. They were whispering in my ear as I was writing and they took the story way off into nowhere. A gentle poke from my CP, April London, and a few slaps to the hero and heroine got them back on track and a much better chapter in the end.

Honestly, I think they were just in a hurry to get jiggy with each other, but for the sake of the story they had to wait.

Rate your story in terms of steaminess (Make up your own fun scale here)

On a volcanic scale – sweet and serene, warm and smoky, flowing molten lava, and raining fire ……. I would have to say flowing molten lava!

What are you reading right now?

I hope I’m going to be reading your latest and greatest, Carrie! *Wink* You know I’m your favorite.

But, lets look at the kindle…. Lakota Surrender by Karen Kay … The Chalice by PL Parker … Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig … and Thomas by Liliana Hart

I know this is like asking who is your favorite child, who is your favorite romance author (s)?

The author that made me fall in love with romance was Jude Devereaux.

What is your favorite romance book or series?

I don’t even have to think for this one! Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Who is your favorite romance character? If you could go on a date with that person, what would you do? Details please! *wink*

I’m a married woman *giggle* This would never be okay with my hubby, but I would just swoon if Acheron was available and I wasn’t married.

Boxers or Briefs?

Boxers!

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Dark Chocolate

Do you have a special piece of clothing you wear when you write?

The most comfortable thing that’s clean.

What is next for you?
Wow! So, I have two more Pool of Souls books planned so far… Several holiday romps are written and coming out soon (One with Decadent Publishing) the other will be self-published and is the start of a new series – The Demakis Line (Werewolves!) Another series is in the works as well, my six sentence Sundays have been featuring Darren and Eshe, my lion shifters.

What were your first impressions of each other?

Robert: I had a crush on her since high school, but I was kind of a geek growing up. She was so beautiful and sweet, but just way out of my league.

Rebecca: I thought you were adorable in high school, but I think the nice lady is talking about when you saw me just recently. (Robert pokes her in the ribs)  Hey! Well, Robert was it for me too in high school. No guy ever measured up to him. It was a good thing fate brought us back together, because I would never have been happy with another man.

What are your favorite parts about each other?

Rebecca: Robert’s sense of humor, hands down.

Robert: Rebecca’s heart. She’s so kind and thoughtful.

What’s next for you?

Rebecca and Robert: Make babies!

 KRYSTAL SHANNAN Author Bio:
Krystal Shannan is a born, raised, and current TEXAN. She is married to a wonderful man who supports her dream of writing and allows her to spend many evening and weekend hours glued to her laptop. During the day she moonlights as an elementary music teacher. In addition to a doting husband, a young daughter is also part of the picture and keeps her hopping! An ornery little Welsh Corgi completes the household.
      

Krystal has been writing stories since she could hold a pencil. She has always dreamed of writing romance and sharing the “movies in her head” with the world. If she’s not writing, she’s reading –historical, paranormal, action, adventure –anything she can get her hands on that ends with a Happily Ever After!

OPEN HOUSE Blurb:
Intrinsically woven into the fabric of human existence, Aphrodite, Titan Goddess of Love and Passion, dedicates herself to matching soul mates. 

Rebecca Carol and Robert Corvin missed their original chance to bond when Ares, God of War, took control of Robert's career ten years ago. Their souls have naturally pulled them back together for a second chance at love, but... How far will the gods go to get their own way? 

Will divine influence create another perfect match or will it tear them apart forever?


Excerpt:
A deep male voice boomed through her garden, breaking her concentration. “Aphrodite!” The images of Robert and Rebecca swirled and were lost as the pool’s surface went clear. She turned to face the irate male.
“Ditee! Why can’t you just leave well enough alone?”
Aphrodite leaned against the cool rock and gave him a lazy smile. She’d expected Ares to complain. Robert Corvin played a key role in research and weapon development for the United States. No human got into his position without a little shove from the god of war.
“I will do exactly as I wish, especially when it comes to souls who have searched as long as these two have.”
“He’s mine, Ditee. I’ve finally got him where he will be of most use, and now I hear he has moved. Because of a girl! I knew it was your fault. Hands off.” His eyes flashed red, and a deep growl rumbled from his chest.
Aphrodite rose to face him. Her power rose and flamed within her, causing her skin to glow white. Ares took a step back. “You will not speak to me so rudely,” she said, her voice taking on its godly attributes, booming across the garden like a sonic wave. Ares stumbled a little from the force. “I am your superior. These souls deserve to be together, and you will not interfere.”
“The hell I won’t.”



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anybody who want to enter my giveaway... Leave a comment on the blog and go here http://www.krystalshannan.com/new-releases.html to enter in the rafflecopter for a $25 gift card and a chance at a copy of OPEN HOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Krystal you are awesome! I love your work so far and can't wait to read all the other wonderful books you come up with. You have a lovely talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Krystal...now I am soooo excited to read this!! It sounds mouth-wateringly delicious! Now I just need to pick your brain sometime about writing!;)

    ReplyDelete