Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lord of the Rings: The Lego Game

Some people go on dates, others spend time at home playing video games with their husbands. Two guesses as to what I am.
OMG I'm in freaking love with LOTR LEGO. OMG OMG OMG.
You think I'm kidding? When I first opened the package, I petted it and said "my precious." Seriously.
I bought the game on a whim, knowing the hubby and I didn't have time for it, and that was a mistake. Because now we can't stop. In ONE weekend, we made it through the first round of Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers and most of Return of the King.
Yes, ONE weekend.
A little scary right?
I love this game.

You know how once you get past The Fellowship of the Ring, you basically follow three different stories as the intertwine?
Well, you do that with the game too. You can choose which story line you want to follow until you have to go back and do something in another story line.
In other words, the hubby and I put off playing Sam and Frodo and Golum until the last moment LOL. Yes, we're that type of couple.
Everything was so cute!
This one does have talking in the game, unlike other LEGO games. But only in the "movie" parts. Everything else is still cute and cuddly, even with the doom and gloom.

Now, I must say, I'm still in love with Legolas. I was when I was 14 when the movie came out, and still am. His LEGO character rocks. They still have his relationship with Gimli that is too funny, plus his bow and arrow. And his ability to jump and take down an elephant.


He rocks. Just saying.

So yes, when I'm not writing, reading, or cleaning, I'm playing LEGO Lord of the Rings with the hubby. Yes, I'm a dork. LOL Just my random thoughts for the day. Now, that I've finished my chapter, I'm off to go play again!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! Although I'm a really (no a REALLY) poor (as in BAD) gamer, I enjoy the games. I'll sit around watching my hubby play shouting out instructions and suggestions... Depending on the game, it's like a "choose your own adventure" movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! Although I'm a really (no a REALLY) poor (as in BAD) gamer, I enjoy the games. I'll sit around watching my hubby play shouting out instructions and suggestions... Depending on the game, it's like a "choose your own adventure" movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! Although I'm a really (no a REALLY) poor (as in BAD) gamer, I enjoy the games. I'll sit around watching my hubby play shouting out instructions and suggestions... Depending on the game, it's like a "choose your own adventure" movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! I love these lego games and I love LOTR! I have to watch the movies every time they come on TV.

    I also recommend the pirate games and Harry Potter games.

    ReplyDelete