Sunday, November 18, 2012

Random Thoughts: Health, Traditions, and Adam

As I sit here writing this, I can feel the scratchiness at the back of my throat and I want to scream. *sigh* Yes, I'm getting sick again. How is it that just happened? I swear I eat my veggies, fruits, and grains. I clean my house, wash my hands, try not to talk to people...(LOL)

And yet I'm getting sick.

Grrr.

But it's okay. I'll whine about it, but I'll get through it. You know me. It doesn't help that last Friday was the 1 month bench mark of my no-soda kick. I went off cold turkey from that and candy and other process sugars. The first couple weeks were hard. Okay, stop laughing, it was worse than hard, but whatever. Until today, I was feeling just a bit healthier though the lack of caffeine is still hurts sometimes and I'm not allowing myself more than two cups of coffee a day.

Damn, it sucks cleaning up bad habits, right?

As the fall season wraps its cool arms around us, I'm not ready for the holidays or family visits. For Thanksgiving, I'm going to Philly with my hubby and celebrating with our friend's family because our family lives too far away. We would have gone to the shore, but life and Sandy intervened and we didn't have a place to stay. Even as people are getting ready to put out decorations, we aren't going to do that because we're going to Colorado to celebrate with both of our parents. It sucks because we would love to put out a tree...but it doesn't seem worth it. Not when we'd leave it home alone for a week with the cats. We're trying to do our own traditions, but its so odd when you've only been married for three years and you're mixing a menorah, a Christmas tree, and a little bit of yule when trying to make up your own way.

In all of this, I'm still writing and trying to find the time for myself. My characters won't shut up, but the words sometimes are the way I know others will love them. I know not everyone liked Adam's book because of the way he acted. I didn't want a perfect hero, I have enough of those. I've read enough of those. But apparently he wasn't redeemable in the slightest. Its kind of sad to know that people lost the series with him.

Understandable, but sad.

So yes, I'm writing, trying to stay healthy, trying to figure out how to make my own traditions when my family lives 28 hours of driving away, and just trying to remember that I love writing for me and my characters.

Such an odd day, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I thought Adam was totally redeemable! I LOVED Enforcer's Redemption and perfect heroes are boring!
    As for traditions I agree, make you own! This year we are having a "crafty Christmas" 90% of our gifts will be made by loving hands.
    Find something to make the Holiday your own.
    Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and a pleasant Yule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep!!!!
    Water!!!!
    Vitamin C!!! Get the Emergn-C is kicks but...
    REST!!!!

    Rest will make you feel better better then anything!!!
    XOXOXOX
    Kelly M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I really enjoyed Adams story. It would be so hard to see others around you finding the happiness that you had, and then lost. Maybe in other stories people will see how Adam is now happy that he had a second chance at love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Adam he went through hell and came out a winner. I wouldnt have had you change anything about him...
    Take some tyenol night and sleep. I felt better the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cayenne pepper in a cup of warm water, sweetened with honey {providing you have no allergies to any of it} Start with a pinch, work your way up to a full teaspoon. It's a natural pain reliever, and helps promote better general health. :)

    VERY spicy, so start small. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty's on the right track as far as the cayenne & honey! And remember, oranges are better than chemical "vitamins" any day of the week! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete