Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Year in Review


2012 is about to come to a close and I've had a whirlwind year and I wanted to stop and reflect on what I've done. When the year first started out, I had only planned on keeping with one series, and maybe starting another. I hadn't thought I'd find myself ready to be a full time author. Then life changed. The day job became a trial with issues that had nothing to do with me, but did impact my future. I gave up my job because a friend needed my position more, but I don't regret it.

I've been very lucky in what I've done this year.

I went in to 2012 thinking I'd maybe sell 1000 books and be okay.

>200,000 books sold later, I'm in awe.

I went into thinking that I'd hopefully have a book or two out.

9 books later with two extra volumes, I'm a bit crazy.

I went into print this year, something I didn't think I'd get to do.

But I'm happy beyond all recognition. I'm going to do a month by month thing, just because I make my own goals and it's good to see I've surpassed them.

January:

An Alpha's Path (Redwood Pack #1) came out a couple weeks before this, but it hit it's stride in this month, hitting #1 on ARe and #116 on Amazon. I'm still amazed.

A Taste for a Mate came out (Redwood Pack #2) in ebook.

February

Lia Davis and I put the foundation for our publishing company, Fated Desires, and co-authored series together. I cannot freaking wait to see what we come up with.

March

Trinity Bound (Redwood Pack #3) came out. It was my first menage and some people say it was their favorite. I was so scared to write m/m/f, but I'm glad I did.

April

A Night Away (Redwood Pack #3.5) came out. It was my first after the HEA novella and started a whole new idea in which I will continue to do them for awhile.

Lia and I also started Heartthrob Haven for other authors and formally made a website and publishing company for Fated Desires.

May

My last days on campus teaching. I cried like a baby cleaning up my desk, even though I would be teaching at home over the summer.

Oh, and my baby sister graduated college. I'm so proud of her.

June

My last day teaching was in this month. I thought I'd freak out over the fact that I'd be an author only, but in reality, it did so much more for me.

July

Dust of My Wings (Dante's Circle #1) came out. With the Redwood Pack series going so strong, I was almost crazy as to start a new series, but I did it anyway. There will be six more books and maybe even a couple novellas in this series. Thanks for taking a chance.

August

Dust of My Wings, and the first two volumes in the Redwood Pack came out in Print. OMG my books are in print. Can you believe it? I have books on shelves. I never thought my little ebooks would do it. THANK YOU.

I also made my Blog Hop site more formal and started doing monthly hops with over 200 authors each.

September

My first conference and book signing was at Lora Leigh's RAW. So amazing. I go to meet wonderful people, sign books, dance, and meet some of my favorite authors. I'm going to do it again next year and I can't wait!

October

Charmed Spirits (Holiday, Montana #1) came out. My holiday series came out of nowhere. It was supposed to be 5 small 20k novellas, and ended up being 5 40k short novels. Yes, I'm crazy. This book did even better than I thought it would, so thank you!

November

My most highly anticipated novel, Enforcer's Redemption (Redwood Pack #4) came out. Adam's book killed me emotionally as it did my readers. He's the reason I even had the Holiday, Montana series because I needed something happy to write about. Thank you for taking the chance with him.

December

Santa's Executive (Holiday, Montana #2) came out and people have really enjoyed the lighthearted story.

Blurred Expectations (Redwood Pack #4.5) just came out and people are picking it up quickly. I loved going back and writing about this triad.

In 2013 I have even more goals. I'm planning on finishing the Holiday, Montana series with the last three books. There will be two more Dante's Circle books, maybe even a novella if the timing with Lia works out right. There will be another novella in the Redwood Pack series plus Maddox's book. And Lia and I are writing and releasing Fated Tranquility, the first book in our Keys of Fate series. I also have hops, at least 4 box sets, more free reads, tours, contests, and goodies coming.

I'm also going to start writing the first book in another 8 book series, as well as finish plotting the initial goodies on yet another 8 book series. Both of these will showcase in 2014 and 2015.

2013 will have my first book festival in May, RAW in Sept, and maybe other conference in June. I'm moving to God knows where in the late summer, and planning on making a huge personal change late in the year.

I can't wait to see what happens and thank you for making 2012 a great year. For every buy, share, like, share, tweet, and review, you guys help. Word of mouth is the best way to promote and my readers have been amazing with it. Thank you so much for being awesome y'all!

12 comments:

  1. It's been an awesome year! 2013 will be even better. You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been an amazing year. I'm so thrilled for all of your accomplishments. Congrats and I hope 2013 is an even better year for you.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carrie Ann, what a year you've had! 200,000 books sold. Nine books! You are amazing. Hope 2013 is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Carrie! What a wonderful year and all the best for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your awesome year. Hope the next one brings you even more success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Carrie. I am so happy for you. What an awesome achievement!! You are an inspiration and I hope 2013 is twice as good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry mixed this up with the hop! Congrats on a great year!!

      Delete
  9. Impressive year. Hope 2013 continues your success . Will be placing your books on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You are a great author and just keep getting better. I'll cross my fingers for a possible NYT/USA best seller in 2013. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete